Okay, maybe just the shake part. We had our first official EARTHQUAKE last night. I woke up and got a little scared because the bed was shaking and I thought that Gordon was shaking in his sleep, having a seizure or something, so I looked over at him to make sure that he was okay. But, then I realized that the whole bed was shaking and the door was shaking...an earthquake! It was pretty small and only lasted for about 15-20 seconds. But, it was real! This morning I asked Gordon if he remembered feeling it and he said, "Are you sure you didn't just dream it?" Was I sure? How can you be really sure during the middle of the night when you're totally out of it?
But, this morning I overheard some people discussing feeling something similar at the gym. When I got to work, everyone was talking about it and it's been on the news now. It's official. It was a 4.5, so a pretty small quake, but large enough to be recorded! We are true Californians, we've lived through an earthquake. Here's to hoping it's the largest we'll have to experience! I can handle a little shake. Here's a link that Gordon sent me from work with a news video clip. Too bad they didn't call US for a quote!
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-quake10aug10,0,7759670.story?coll=la-home-center
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You're brave for not waking Gordon up! I would have been freaking out probably--don't think I could handle the ground shaking like that. Way to stick it out :)
Oh, I woke him up. I'm not very brave either. I asked if he felt it, and he started talking about how there had been some earthquakes in Asia and maybe this was an aftershock. ha.
But...in the morning he thought I dreamt it. ha!
That reminds me of my "earthquake" I lived through in San Fran. We were on choir tour and a group of us were in the elevator when it happened. We were the only 5 that did not feel ANYTHING! We really felt cheated.
I will never live in California!
(But this was really funny because I just read about the same earthquake on Becca's blog...)
Katie- according to Steven, Utah is actually due for a really big earthquake here soon. He has warned Grandma Walker many times.
Wow, did anything fall in your house? Call me crazy, but I think it'd be kind of neat to experience a small (and I mean small) earthquake.
Post a Comment