This morning I arrived at work to find that I was one of FOUR people here. (Out of about a usual 16 or so). So, needless to say, my typically slow day is ... S-U-P-E-R slow. But, I've managed to keep myself busy. And, as I'm typing this, another of the four is ordering a pizza for everyone. Yeah, we're getting a lot done.
Anyhow, Gordon and I have been meaning to make a post about embarassing moments, because ... they're funny to read. We like to take walks in the evenings once it's cooled off, and while we were walking the other night, we started sharing a couple of funny stories, so here they are for your viewing pleasure.
Gordon's embarassing moments:
1. The place: JBL
The time: A few weeks ago, in the morning
The feeling: hahaha, embarassed
The story: Gordon was at work and he is in the process of getting THREE more products approved and out the door, so he has been spending a lot of time with the manufacturing guys making sure that the products look and test like he designed them. Anyhow, he's walking over there to their building, and he has to go through a fence. He keeps pushing, and pushing, and pushing with no luck. (Side note: he goes through this fence frequently) He gets discouraged and can't figure out why they would lock it in the middle of the day. Then he realizes ... I should pull. Yep, he's a smarty. Well, he is, but just a tad forgetful in this case. haha.
2. The place: Kohl's
The time: A few weeks ago, in the evening
The feeling: um, like an idiot
The story: Gordon went to Kohl's on his own to pick out some new athletic shoes. Since Momma Dix works there, we know what great deals they have sometimes, so he decided to check Kohl's first. He found a pair that he really liked and he was walking around a bit with them on to make sure they felt comfortable. As he was walking down one of the shoe aisles to get back to where his shoes were waiting, a lady said, "Oh, those look very nice!" Gordon responded with a cute little kick of the foot out to the side, and a twist of the hip and, "Oh, thanks!" As he looked back up at her with a smile, he saw her continue her conversation with her daughter who was standing out of sight and modeling a pair of shoes. No, she wasn't talking to Gordon, she was talking to her daughter. He was so embarassed!!!
Chrissy's embarassing moments:
1. The place: our house
The time: about 6 months ago
The feeling: embarassed, of course
The story: We had the missionaries over for dinner. We were trying to have the missionaries over at least once a month, so we'd just sign up when the calendar came around. This particular month, I had kind of forgotten that they were coming until the night before. I usually try and have a really good meal planned. However, I already had a black bean soup planned for that night, so I figured that I'd just go ahead and go with that, and make some home-made biscuits on the side with it. (It was in the "winter", so something warm sounded yummy.) So, they came over and the soup was smelling really good. I hadn't actually tried it yet, but it looked good. I ladled some up for all of us, and served it and took a bite. I knew immediately that it was a mistake. This soup was definitely something that I liked pretty well, but I KNEW that they weren't going to like. It was pretty bland, and so I had salsa and sour cream mixed in with mine, but they didn't choose to put any in. Soon after, they both dumped the sour cream and salsa in, and each guy alone ate about 6 biscuits. Um, I think that's a bad sign that the main course wasn't very filling or enjoyable. Oops. Afterwards, Gordon told me that we probably shouldn't ever make that for company again. We had a good laugh at them afterwards, and their reactions. Sadly, I didn't even have a good dessert to make up for the disaster. They just went home with an empty belly. Sorry missionaries! Mysteriously, after this incident, the calendar kept passing over us. We just recently had them over again this week, but it's the first time since this night. Gordon said that on his mission they had a little notebook where they kept track of families and places NOT to go for dinner. I hope I redeemed myself this week from the black list.
Okay, and now on to our COMBINED embarassing experience: (sorry this post is getting SO long)
1. The place: out on a walk, on the bridge
The time: late last week
The feeling: absolute embarassment, like an idiot, or rather idiots
The story: Gordon and I were on a walk in the evening. First of all, there are a lot of nice paved walking trails around here, but our favorite route is over across the street from us where there is a trail that goes around the lake. However, on the way over to the trail, we walk up a ramp and over this little bridge to the other side of the neighborhood. It's very convenient, in that we don't have to cross the busy street, but there are shrubs built up on either side and spiders like to make webs across the path that you break through with your body. Sick. It's really gross. We usually hit 2 or 3 in the face every night because they build them up so fast! So, last week we went to WalMart and we each got a wooden dowel that we now carry with us on our walks to swat the webs before we hit them. (Embarassing in itself, huh? haha) So, we were carrying these sticks throughout our whole walk, laughing after we passed people, wondering what they thought of our sticks. Then, we're headed back home. We came across the bridge and got to the point where we really need our sticks, so we lifted them up and started waving them again. At this point in our conversation, we were talking about learning Chinese and Gordon was trying to teach me a new phrase, basically it sounded like "Kai-yu- then this grunting sound" it was really funny. So, I was trying to get it right, but with all of the tones in that language, it's really hard. So, I was practicing that word, and he kept correcting me, so we're both talking really weird, and swinging our sticks for spiders ... when of course, another couple comes around the corner and looks at us like we're the biggest freaks ever. It was really funny.
Okay, that's the end. Enjoy the holiday weekend!!!
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Oh man, those are really funny. However, I must say that Gordon's Kohl's experience made me laugh the most. I always do things like that--thinking someone is talking to me, or waving at me, or mistaking someone for someone else... Wish I could've seen that one in person!
Those are awesome. I'm so glad you shared! It's nice to know everyone has their embarrassing moments.
Yeah, I totally love Gordon's mistaken-compliment story. I can totally picture him doing the cute thank you and then realizing and feeling like a horse's patoot. I'm gonna go tell Jon that right now!
and...could you puh-leas, pretty please put Gordon's bread recipe up here somewhere or e-mail it? That'd be nicer than pumpkins.
Eeks! Sorry, I totally forgot about the bread recipe. It's on it's way!
oh you guys are too funny. I love checking out your blog. keep the storeis coming...
At least Gordon saw she was talking to someone else. It could have been on the phone. With all the ear pieces people where and talk to themselves, you never know WHO they are talking to...
Also- don't feel bad about the missionaries. If it makes you feel better, I don't remember any meals now that were served to me. It was the people I was with! OK- so I remember the fishsticks, but that is a different story...
Fish sticks? Wow.
I left the fish stick story on my blog just for you!
OK. seriously, this was so fun to read. I could see every single story! THis was definitely one of my favorite posts! lol!
Post a Comment