Week two in nursery was a success!
It was fast Sunday this week and I was a little worried at how I'd do in nursery. Fasting has never been an easy thing for me (not that it is for anyone) to do. By the end of church, I'm always feeling a little light-headed and super weak. So, playing with kids for two hours and getting up and down off of the floor with them? I wasn't sure how it would go.
But, as always, the kids were super cute and they were very mellow this week. (A little blessing for tired Sister Dix) We only had six kids this week, and they were all pretty content to just play. No major incidents or play dough eating this week, so we felt pretty successful.
Shauna and I (she's the other nursery leader) decided that we should just wear the same thing every week, especially the same shoes. Every week, I have play dough plastered to the bottom of my shoes, as do the kids. We accidentally both wore pink and denim yesterday, everyone kept asking us if we planned to dress alike. haha.
The highlight of the day was probably singing time. We usually start off with some primary songs, and then we always sing "The Wheels on the Bus" because they love that one. This one little girl LOVES that song, and once we were done with singing time, she never stopped singing it. She was climbing the slide humming the song, crawling around singing "All thuuu da down!" At one point, she climbed to the top of the slide and belted out the whole verse about the doors, open and shut, with actions and all. It was so cute.
At the end, Briella, a new little girl to nursery cried and cried because she didn't want to leave. How can that not make you feel good inside?
It was fast Sunday this week and I was a little worried at how I'd do in nursery. Fasting has never been an easy thing for me (not that it is for anyone) to do. By the end of church, I'm always feeling a little light-headed and super weak. So, playing with kids for two hours and getting up and down off of the floor with them? I wasn't sure how it would go.
But, as always, the kids were super cute and they were very mellow this week. (A little blessing for tired Sister Dix) We only had six kids this week, and they were all pretty content to just play. No major incidents or play dough eating this week, so we felt pretty successful.
Shauna and I (she's the other nursery leader) decided that we should just wear the same thing every week, especially the same shoes. Every week, I have play dough plastered to the bottom of my shoes, as do the kids. We accidentally both wore pink and denim yesterday, everyone kept asking us if we planned to dress alike. haha.
The highlight of the day was probably singing time. We usually start off with some primary songs, and then we always sing "The Wheels on the Bus" because they love that one. This one little girl LOVES that song, and once we were done with singing time, she never stopped singing it. She was climbing the slide humming the song, crawling around singing "All thuuu da down!" At one point, she climbed to the top of the slide and belted out the whole verse about the doors, open and shut, with actions and all. It was so cute.
At the end, Briella, a new little girl to nursery cried and cried because she didn't want to leave. How can that not make you feel good inside?

1 comment:
I am glad nursery is going well for you. It will take a few weeks, but once you get in your routine-
Post a Comment