We have been looking around for bikes for a couple of months. We decided that since we live in an area where it's always warm, bikes would be a good investment, and save on some gas money! We finally found some on Craigslist (which is SO great by the way, if you haven't used it, you totally should) that we liked and last week, we went and picked them up. Gordon had to get new pedals on his bike because they had the clips on before, so today was our first ride together. Here are some pictures of our adventure!

Gordon's bike is a real mountain bike, with sturdy tires. Here, he's sporting his serious biking face. What a stud.

I guess mine's a mountain bike too, but mine came with two sets of tires. One is for street riding and one is for more off roading and trail riding. I have the street tires on now, because I'm going to be using mine to commute to work every day, and I'll just be riding on the paved trails to get there. We did some exploring today to find a path that would be good for me to take to work. All around the city there are paved bike trails that make it much easier to get to work without having to deal with all of the traffic.
We found out two things today on our ride:
1) It's been a LONG time since either of us have ridden a bike, and we're SUPER sore.
2) Gordon is a bike stud...since he went to Taiwan on his mission and rode everywhere there, he knows all of the cool tricks. Like, when we had to stop for a traffic light, he can stay on his bike and balance while he waits without getting off his bike. I was impressed, I still ride like a little kid.

These are the "after" pictures. We were tired. It was a blast, though. We got a great workout with all of the hills, and it was great, cool weather to ride in. We took the camera to take pictures along the way, but all we rode past was sage brush and dead trees...nothing we thought anyone would really enjoy looking at.


5 comments:
Fun! IT is so funny because I had never heard of craiglist and now I know of people who have bought couches, a car, furniture...and now bikes! The pictures were fun!
I know! They have everything! That's actually how we found our apartment, too. You never know what you can find...
Biking is so hard. I got one last summer (while I was pregnant, cause I'm a weirdo) and could only go for like 15 minutes before having to walk home! It doesn't help that in our area everywhere you look there are hills. But I think I tell myself that just to feel better about being a crappy cyclist. :)
Ooh, I agree. It's totally hard. Today is my second day biking to work, and both days I've been all sweaty when I got here. Yuck. It's just really TIRING! And I'm also super hungry from it, so I'm trying to remember to pack more snacks for work to keep me goin.
Amen to the craigslist love.
And I just have to say, the pictures you guys put up ALWAYS make me laugh!
Post a Comment