Thursday, June 21, 2007

Only in LA

Funny story... a couple of months ago, I went in to one of those cheap little nail places over by the grocery store to get a pedicure. Not something I do very often, but I decided it would be fun for a special treat. So, I'm sitting there enjoying the relaxing time and I can't help but overhear a conversation going on to my left.

"We saw you last night, you did a great job!"

"Oh, thanks."

"So, what number are you? Are you always number 4?"

(So far a fairly normal conversation. I'm thinking this girl is probably a volleyball player or something, and they're asking her which number jersey she wears.)

"Well, I'm usually four, sometimes I am three."

"Well, we'll be sure to keep looking for you!"

"Thanks, I appreciate that." (Right about here I start to tune out, until I hear ... )

"So, what is Howie like in real life? I hear he's a real germ freak."

"Yeah, he is, but he's very nice. He knows all of the girls and remembers our names and where we're from and everything. We actually just finished taping the season, so I'm off work for a bit."

That's right, she was a Deal or No Deal girl, sitting there, right next to me at the nail salon. I now know someone famous. ha.

1 comment:

Steve and Katrina said...

We don't get those experiences very often in Indiana. Maybe we can meet a NASCAR mechanic in Charlotte, that is almost as high on the celebrity totem pole.