This afternoon, Gordon and I were driving to the dollar store and saw a sign for a yard sale. It was in our neighborhood and close, so we decided to stop by and check it out. (Gordon suggested it, what a sweetheart.) And, holy cow! We scored!!!

This is the first thing that I saw there, just a cute little topiary thing that I put above our kitchen cabinets.

These are just little decorative boxes that I thought were so cute! We put them in the office on our bookshelf.

Last but not least, I got THREE pairs of pants and THREE shirts. Sweet! And, the best part ... the total was $9.00 for it ALL! We were so excited. I love garage sales. Oh, and it turns out that the people who were hosting the yard sale are members of the church. They're supposed to be in our ward, but they're not very active right now. Gordon just chatted it up with the husband while I shopped around. He's a very cool guy, very nice. We're hoping to get together with them sometime soon. New stuff AND new friends, couldn't be better.


7 comments:
score!!! I want 3 pants and shirts for 9 bucks! You can't even get that at Savers for that price. Score! Um...so I went to your sisters blog to check out lil Lucy and I scrolled down and saw lil Sam's prayer. I was laughing sooooo hard. Her husband is hilarious. He uses big words too...i need my dictionary. cute niece and cute new house decorations.
9 bucks? what?
THose boxes are awesome!
you always find the BEST deals! i'm so jealous!
Emily-You just need to come visit and we'll hit all of the local garage sales. :)
It looks like you scored! I would be afraid of what we would find at a yard sale in Kentucky...
Hi Chrissy! I just say your comment on my sad, little blog. I need to find Blogger for Dummies, because I don't know how to do anything...anyway, I've checked out your blog several times and you guys are hilarious.
My husband and I are loving Brooklyn. He's an actor with a day job in real estate and I'm a therapist in the inner city.
Thanks for saying hi! Stay tuned...I'll add something new to our blog eventually:)
You got a great deal because Heavenly Father wanted Gordon to chat with the husband. You go Gordo!
Post a Comment