On Friday, I went and picked up Gordon from work and we headed out for Aunt Elaine and Uncle Gerry's house in Highland, CA. (For those of you who know California, it's near San Bernardino.) We left from JBL a little before 5 pm, and it's usually about an hour and a half drive out there. But...we didn't realize that Friday night is NOT a good time to try and head out. Plus, graduation was this weekend for a lot of schools, so lots of people were leaving town for vacations. Anyhow...3 hours later, we arrived there and were SO glad to be out of the car.
We had a fantastic time there. It felt so much longer than just a few days and we felt like we got to really relax like a real vacation. Here are some of the highlights of our trip.
We had a fantastic time there. It felt so much longer than just a few days and we felt like we got to really relax like a real vacation. Here are some of the highlights of our trip.

My cousins are very into bowling, and they're great at it! Marty has been bowling for quite a while, and he got his first 300 last month and at the same time got his first 800 series. For those of you who don't know what that means (I didn't) it's when you score over 800 points in 3 consecutive games. It's a pretty big deal, and there aren't many that do it before they go professional. We went to his and Mandy's (his sister) league games on Saturday morning and his plaques were up on the wall. So I had to take a picture, way to go Marty!

I'm sorry these next two pictures are so dark, but we weren't allowed to use a flash during the games so that we didn't distract the bowlers. I am such an awful bowler, so it was so fun to see a ton of people who are very, very, very good!

After the bowling games, we went out to lunch for Mongolian BBQ. (Taylor and Steph: it was JUST like the place you took us in Iowa.) It was very delicious, and then we headed home to play some Wii. We had a blast. Here, Gordon and Marty are duking it out in tennis.

This weekend was ALSO Marty's 19th birthday and Elaine's birthday (my aunt), so Saturday night some of Ger's family came over and we had a little birthday party and sang to the two lucky kids. I made a video of us singing happy birthday, but I don't know how to put videos on here. I'll have to have Gordon show me how.





7 comments:
ahhh...I'm so jealous that you're so close to them and can just drive down and visit! Sorry it took so long but it sounds like it was worth it.
It was totally worth it. They're so fun, so we had a great time. And you can't tell from the picture, but their dogs are SO cute!!!
Chrissy, Thanks for coming to visit my new fam blog and SS. I totally agree with the last comment on my father's day post! ha! :)
Aaron would be SO jealous you got to play the Wii. He keeps claiming we NEED it because it'll be good for our boys, and how it's not the typical sit-in-front of a screen video game. Which may be true...
but c'mon. good for our boys? riiiiight.
Looks like a fun trip! I wish Utah were closer and you could come up and go bowling with us too!
I couldn't help but notice in one of the last pictures that you guys were playing sequence. Remember the time we played and Todd and I got in a big fight. We are much better now when it comes to playing games...we promise!
I actually don't remember that at all! I DO remember all of us getting very into Mario Cart...haha. Oh, and I was just thinking about you guys the other night and craving Monkey Poo (isn't that what he calls it?) That was so good.
Chrissy...you're looking slender and sexy, I must say!
Oooh la la, why thank you!
Post a Comment