A couple of weeks ago, Gordon and I were watching TV and a commercial for KFC came on. Gordon commented on how good it looked, and I realized that I could probably make a version of it at home. So, one night I surprised Gordon and made him this "copycat KFC" dinner. If you've seen a commercial for it recently, they have these new chicken bowls or something like that, with chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and cheese.
Ever since we have been married, Gordon has been SO good about eating healthy with me, and so I decided to surprise him with this fake KFC dinner so he could at least feel like he was eating fast food. haha.
Gordon LOVED it! He said it tasted very good. I thought it was pretty good as well. It was a super easy dinner, but a fun one. I just grilled the chicken and then made some instant mashed potatoes (you could also use wheat rice, but I was nice and did potatoes) and then put some corn in and just sprinkled a few tablespoons of cheese on the top. I also made some biscuits on the side because they had biscuits in the commercial. The biscuits look burnt in the picture, but they're just brown because I used wheat flour, I promise!
Ever since we have been married, Gordon has been SO good about eating healthy with me, and so I decided to surprise him with this fake KFC dinner so he could at least feel like he was eating fast food. haha.
Gordon LOVED it! He said it tasted very good. I thought it was pretty good as well. It was a super easy dinner, but a fun one. I just grilled the chicken and then made some instant mashed potatoes (you could also use wheat rice, but I was nice and did potatoes) and then put some corn in and just sprinkled a few tablespoons of cheese on the top. I also made some biscuits on the side because they had biscuits in the commercial. The biscuits look burnt in the picture, but they're just brown because I used wheat flour, I promise!



2 comments:
you're so creative!
Looks tasty. It is 1:00 a.m. and I am craving KFC potatoes and coleslaw now.
Post a Comment