Our good friends, Kent and Alicia Gee were in town this weekend for Kent's brother's wedding. They came in Friday night and are leaving Sunday morning. Saturday morning, Gordon and I drove down to LA where they were staying to play with their kids while they were at the wedding. Here are some pictures of the fun day we had!
We watched a Magic School Bus DVD with them and a Barbie DVD. I LOVE Magic School Bus, I think they're such creative movies and are really fun for little kids. Gordon had never seen a video before, he had only heard of them. (He must be too old ... hehe) But, funny fact...did you know that Lily Tomlin (sp? For those of you who don't know ... she's the lady on "The Kid" she's the secretary to Bruce Willis) and Theo from "The Cosby Show" are some of the voices? True story. Lily is the voice of Miss Frizzle (the teacher) and Theo is one of the students. You'll have to rent a Magic School Bus video and check 'em out. Pretty cool stuff.
This is Emma and I playing with some stickers. Alicia got them each a different set of stickers and a page to decorate on. Emma's was an ocean scene with a bunch of fish to add to the picture, they loved them. You can see the back of Hallie in this picture too. They have such cute kids!!!
After the wedding was over, we all piled into their van and went out to the Getty Museum in Santa Monica. It's very close to the temple, so we went in between the wedding and the reception.
When you go to the museum, you park at the bottom and then take a tram up the hill. The museum is free, parking is $8. So, I think it's probably the cheapest entertainment in LA. That's probably why there were one MILLION cars in the parking garage! But, up at the top the views were incredible. Here you can barely see over those trees to some huge-mon-go (yep, that's a word) houses.
So, take another look at the previous picture. Those little dots you can barely see in it...one of those is this mansion. Cute little thing, huh? It's probably a mere ... 20 million. Isane!!
The happy museum crowd. Once we got up there, we were all starving and ready for lunch. So, we had a quick pose before heading to the cafe. It was SO good. Here in the picture is Gordon, Alicia, Kent, Emma in the stroller, Timmy behind and Hallie is hiding in the back. The kids were really good sports for the museum. Alicia put it well when she said, "We should've gotten some pictures on the tram. The kids thought that was the coolest part." haha.
There are a ton of buildings up there, but the first one we walked into had this sculpture on the ceiling. I thought it was pretty neat looking.
Another one of the amazing views from up on top. It was really pretty and very cool and breezy up there. A nice break from the hot!
Timmy sacked out in the car on the way back to their hotel. We were all tired from the day, but it was a blast!
Even though it was a fun day, like all days...it had to end. We went with them back to their place and they changed and went to the reception, and we headed home. Just to give you some perspective...the drive down there this morning took 30-40 minutes in probably the best traffic we have ever seen out here. On the other hand...the drive home took 3 + hours. There was an accident on the freeway and the traffic was terrible! We left there at 4:30 and got home at about 7:45. We tried to get a good shot of the traffic; I don't know if you can tell but it is completely bumper to bumper. It was this way for about 30 miles. We are SO glad to be home!!!

12 comments:
All this post does is make me mad you are not in UTAH! I want you to hang out with Luke and Sam! and watch magic school bus with them (Ok, maybe not Barbie though) and all of us could hang out at a museum taking cool pictures. waaaaaa!!
I know! Every time we look at your blog we are amazed at how much they have changed since we've seen them last! I wish we were closer, too. But...you guys will be in town over the 4th right?
I'm pretty sure we already told you we'd be there, but we'd love to stop by and say hi or spend the afternoon with you all or whatever you have time for. Let us know when you're available, and we'll probably just give you guys and Molly and Taylor a call when we get into town. We're hoping to get around and visit everyone who's around still. :)
We'll be here.
Waiting by the phone! :)
We don't have a thing in the afternoon. Do I smell a BBQ? pool maybe? wait. that means swimsuit, maybe not. we'll see. lol!
Okay, and I'm sorry, I didn't realize the link to you guys wasn't working on bloppy and whoopy. I just fixed it.
Lilly Tomlin is "Bruce Willis's secretary in 'The Kid'"? Now I feel old. Lilly Tomlin is the incredible shrinking woman and one of the ladies from "9 to 5" and the little girl who sits in the oversized rocking chair and says "And that's the truth, Pbthtth."
You little whipper-snapper.
She is the incredible shrinking woman? I didn't know that one...I DID know that she's in 9 to 5, but the others ... I was not familiar with. I guess you ARE old! haha
It looks like you guys are always off doing something fun! That mansion was awesome.
I love the Getty Museum. I thought everything about it was really cool. I would really like to go back.
Hey, when are you coming? We haven't heard from you. If I have to lie and say we have the Magic School bus to get both of you - I will! My kids need love too! the traffic makes me sick. Great shot though.
Okay, so I've waited long enough! Where are the Utah pictures?
We're still waiting for Utah pictures... We know you have them!
Well, I'm in Missouri for a little bit longer, so keep raggin' on Gordon...maybe he'll get some pictures up. :)
Hey guys, so good to hear from you on our blog, we love checking out all the cool stuff you guys are up to as well.. we miss you guys and can't wait to see ya, we hope it will be before christmas!!:)
Post a Comment