Every summer we've been here we have sprayed our house for ants to prevent the little buggers from invading the place. This year was no different. In July (after finding ants all through our pantry), Gordon emptied the pantry and sprayed it all down, sprayed down all of the kitchen, bathrooms, door cracks, etc. We thought we were free and clear.
Not so.
A few days ago, I woke up and as usual was ... VERY hungry. I went into the pantry to grab a box of cereal and ... ta da! Ants everywhere. If you don't know me very well, you probably don't realize the "super-clean-freak" that I am and don't realize the gravity of this situation. I HATE when things are messy in our house and ants ... next to all of my food? Sick. Sick. Sick.
So, I started dumping everything onto the kitchen floor and checking all of the boxes for ants. Gordon came out of the bedroom a little confused...everything ... everywhere. Then I explained. He helped me unload the pantry and check every box for intruders. We killed a TON of ants and then he sprayed RAID like crazy in the pantry. We shut the door and let the RAID do it's magic in there for the next day.
Back to the "clean freakness". With our pantry emptied and ant poison all over it, we had no place for our food. Leading me to this picture:
Not so.
A few days ago, I woke up and as usual was ... VERY hungry. I went into the pantry to grab a box of cereal and ... ta da! Ants everywhere. If you don't know me very well, you probably don't realize the "super-clean-freak" that I am and don't realize the gravity of this situation. I HATE when things are messy in our house and ants ... next to all of my food? Sick. Sick. Sick.
So, I started dumping everything onto the kitchen floor and checking all of the boxes for ants. Gordon came out of the bedroom a little confused...everything ... everywhere. Then I explained. He helped me unload the pantry and check every box for intruders. We killed a TON of ants and then he sprayed RAID like crazy in the pantry. We shut the door and let the RAID do it's magic in there for the next day.
Back to the "clean freakness". With our pantry emptied and ant poison all over it, we had no place for our food. Leading me to this picture:

For most normal people, a day with their living room looking like this is no big deal. It was a little difficult for me. But, I'm happy to say that I survived. I needed to re-organize the pantry anyways. See that? Glass half-full. :)


5 comments:
Put some cream of wheat (uncooked) with a little Borax (found in the laundry area) on a plate/saucer where you find ants and the cream of wheat will blow them up. If they take the Borax back to the farm it will kill the rest of the ants.
(I hate ants too! I have to think "it isn't roaches...")
Wow. Awesome trick. We will definitely do that!
Oh keep the pics coming we love watching your little man grow!!!
I totally understand when it comes to being neat/clean.
I think i've gotten more intense since i got prego.
Wray thinks i'm crazy now that i'm in nesting mode too.
Just wait crissy you'll see what i mean here pretty soon.. haha:)
Hey Chrissy...I got your comment. Actually my mom did and called me saying go read Chrissy's comment.
I love my bedding too...therefore I would be willing to share all my info. However, it comes with bad news.
I bought Camden's stuff in June of 2005. It was all discontinued then. So I had to call around all Babies R Us' in California to order other parts...valances, wall paper, diaper stacker. But...I have seen it on craigslist and ebay before. It is called Eddie Bauer
"Believing in Dreams". I love it and my paint colors match PERFECTLY! If you find it and end up using it, I'll help you later find cute coordinating stuff. Like the clock!!! But I would just google it and see what you come up with. I also like nurserydepot.com. They had a ton of cute star ones. But back in 2005 that is. Sorry, hope that helps though.
Oh, I bet you just died! Which is kinda funny to me, although I'm sure you didn't find anything amusing about it. I can't wait to see how crazy clean Chrissy deals with disgusting, dirty, 2-year-old monster child. (at least it's 2 years+ away) I'm having a hard time with that situation over here, but I don't have clean "freak" tendencies to overcome. It's gonna be awesome! :)
Post a Comment