Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Tim-berrr!"


Short but funny story. Last night we bought our Christmas tree and came home to decorate it. We finished it up and were pretty tired and it was almost time to go to bed. We decided to put on a movie and relax on the couch. We both fell asleep pretty quickly. A little bit later, I woke up to a THUMP! I was kind of delirious, so I didn't realize it at first, but then I looked up and the tree had fallen across the room and was on top of us!

I woke up Gordon (of course the tree falling didn't wake him) and he looked at me like, "What? Why did you wake me up?" HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There's a tree on top of me! Haha. Once he woke up, he realized what had happened and hopped up to pick up the tree.

Only one casualty: a cheap silver ball. Phew! But, this meant we were scrounging around picking up little pieces of glass and metal in the carpet, vacuuming, and shaking out rugs in the middle of the night. We were pretty awake after that.

If you know us well, isn't it weird how all of our funny stories happen in the middle of the night? (Gordon sleep talking, slamming me with his head...all stories for another day)

7 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

that's really funny! I'm glad it didn't hurt you guys. I can't wait to get our tree. Hopefully this weekend Steve will have time to go with me!

Mrs. Horton said...

That's so funny! I hope it was a fake tree... A real tree would really hurt!

Jen said...

That is so funny! We had a tree that kept falling one year, so we finally decided to put it in a corner and have string holding it up. The tree leaned the whole season. My mom found an ornament of a leaning tree that year for us. We still laugh about our leaning tree!

GordonandChrissy said...

That's hilarious, Jen. And Emily, yep it's real. Pretty heavy too, I must add. It was really funny...after the fact. :)

wray and nat said...

You guys should seriously be in a comedy. with all the funny stories you have. As a matter of fact you should probably start a diary with all your funny stories. It will be a blast for generations to come!

Sarah said...

That is funny. I am glad nothing else happened besides your one ornament. I don't have any falling tree stories in my history. Our's just shakes now from our youngest trying to get the ornaments off.

Chris and Jenna said...

That's so funny! I guess that's the benefit of a fake tree...they're pretty sturdy.