Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

While we are just recovering from a huge-mongo dinner, I thought I'd post some pictures of our day. We are so thankful to have PLENTY to eat and such great friends and family. We miss you all and wish we could've been with you on Thanksgiving!

The prized turkey:



So, we have a TON of left-overs. It looks like we ate about 2% of the food.


This was right before we dug in. The cast: turkey, stuffing, rolls, twice-baked sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, and the pies. It didn't look much different after we finished eating. We hardly put a dent in it at all! We'll have some sweet leftovers for weeks, months to come. :) Oh, and that was only half the turkey and there were about 6 more rolls, and 4 more sweet potatoes. I guess I cooked too much ...

We hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving with lots of food, fun, family and relaxing.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Isn't it amazing how it looks like you did not eat anything after you feel so full? That is about how our table looked when we were done. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving guys!

Mrs. Sew-n-Sew said...

That all looks so yummy! I still vote your apple pie the best looking one seen on Thanksgiving. We (dad & I, and Wray & Nat) had turkey at Aunt Sarah's. Lots of fun and good food--but couldn't stay very late. I have to be to work at 3:45 a.m. Friday morning! Ugh!!!

Jen said...

Wow! That was a gorgeous dinner.

Todd and Meagan said...

That looks so yummy! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Steve and Katrina said...

Good JOB Chrissy! Those sweet potatoes sound so good. We are sweet potato fans here- Chandler loves them. It was nice going somewhere for Thanksgiving so I don't have to eat leftovers forever. I like them for about 1 day and then I can't handle them anymore. It looks like you and Gordon had a great meal. OH, and I like your apple pie. Very creative!

Chris and Jenna said...

All the food looks so good! I'm always impressed when I see the turkeys that people cook. I'm not brave enough to do one.