Friday, January 01, 2010

Christmas in Denver

We had a GREAT time in Denver with family for Christmas.

(Still more to come later)


Spencer became well acquainted with his Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and cousins while we were there. He had a great time!

Especially with Aunt Steph, she does the cha-cha. Who wouldn't love that?


There's the little Cami. She had changed so much since the last time we saw her!
She's adorable and smiley and just a sweet little thing.

Unfortunately, little man - you cannot go up the stairs by yourself yet.


All of the little cousins played pretty well together. Actually, I should say that the girls were very patient with Spencer stealing whatever toy they had that he wanted. We're working on that ...


Getting in some good Grandma time. :)


Grandma had this cool walker toy that Spencer loved. He cruised around everywhere and when he ran into something he'd say, "Uh oh" until we came and re-directed him.


We celebrated his birthday on Christmas with all of the family. We made cupcakes and sang and he devoured his treat. A good birthday celebration. :)


Don't worry, we're having a separate "birthday" celebration in January. We're going to be very careful to separate the holidays and his birthday. MANY people have given us that advice. We will do our best not to cut him short of his presents. :)


"Are these the lights I'm not supposed to touch?"


Gordon and I had the job of stringing the lights.

Spencer ate some noses.

And played with Loo, the dog. He loved her!

And ate some treats with Grandpa.

And snuggled up on Grandma's new pillows. You wanted graham cracker crumbs on those new pillows, right? hehe. Sorry, Grandma. :)


The first night we were in Denver, we stayed with Taylor and Stephanie. The next morning, the kids ran around together and played and we had some yummy BBQ for lunch. They were good hosts!

Warren schooled the younger ones in the ways of Dora. Or was it Diego? One or the other.


I love this picture of all three of them enthralled in the show.

4 comments:

Jon and Becky said...

Chrissy, you kinda look like you're urinating man-style on that Christmas tree.

Todd and Meagan said...

We can relate to the separate Birthday/Christmas thing. Originally we thought we would give Fisher the option of a half birthday, but Cooper decided to be born within four days of Fisher's half birthday. Strike that one out. Right now Fisher loves Christmas so much that he thinks it is cool to have his birthdya associated with it...hopefully that will stay the same!
Spencer is such a cutie!

Sarah said...

I can't believe he is one already. Just think...two years from now he will be in primary! That is where I am now with Thomas. Time goes way too fast...

Looks like a great Christmas with everyone. Grandma Dix was in heaven I am sure!

Kristina said...

I didn't know you were in Denver for Christmas! We were too!