Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Saturday outing

Any guesses as to where we went?

One of these things is not like the other ...

The pumpkin patch!
It's actually a whole fall area. They had a HUGE pumpkin patch, hay rides, covered wagon rides, fresh vegetables and fruit, caramel apples, a petting zoo, horse rides and more. It was a blast.

We tried to get some pictures of Spencer with the pumpkins. He preferred to eat hay. Here, I am trying to smile while snatch the hay out of his mouth.


Our cute family, with our boy on a pumpkin. Read the sign in the background. Oops.

Gordon got this shot. SO cute.


We tried to get him to feel the pumpkins, but he was a little scared of them.


Look how huge those pumpkins are. Whoa.

Spencer DID like looking at the horses and other animals with Dad.


And, in light of our recent post ... we thought it was hilarious that the horse's name was Bob.

Look at all of those!

Daddy trying to get Spencer to hold on to one of the huge pumpkins ...


Mommy tries ...


It's not working ... we'll just sit together. Or, he'll wiggle away.

Here are the other animals.

The pigs were the only ones I dared get close enough to the pens to take a picture of through the grate. I wasn't going to risk getting pecked by the peacock or chickens or turkey. Yikes.

Although, I wish I had a picture of Spencer feeding one of the goats. We have some family members who like to repeatedly have their children feed goats and then post pictures of it.


4 comments:

The Pollocks said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Where is this?? Spencer is just too adorable!

GordonandChrissy said...

It's Lombardi Ranch. Go down Newhall Ranch, take a left on Bouquet Canyon, stay on it for 6 miles and it's on your left. It's awesome! You guys should definitely check it out, it ends on Halloween.

Megan said...

We still have to get pumpkins to carve... we'll definitely have to try that place out! It looks like fun!!! :)

Jon and Becky said...

Ahem! "Some family members"...I hear the shame in your text. To think we once wished to share the joy of baby goats with you. You shall NEVER feed baby goats! NEVER!!!