Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day and the move

Happy Father's Day! So, we're a bit late at posting, but we still enjoyed the holiday. Gordon is the BEST dad out there (in my humble opinion). We had a great time celebrating with him.

We started the day off with a nice breakfast in bed ... that wasn't in bed. But, he slept in until he was ready to get up. That's always such a nice feeling! I had to have my two boys pose together on Father's Day. Don't worry - I didn't make him hold Spencer while he ate. :)

Gordon requested scrambled eggs for breakfast. I was happy - a nice, easy meal. I added the English muffins just because I know he likes them.


MANY, MANY thanks to our sweet friends out here that have helped babysit Spencer while we have worked on getting his room ready. Since Gordon had just recently painted his room in our current apartment - we wanted to keep it the same in our new place. We worked all day Saturday, and Gordon took Monday off to work on it as well. It will be so nice, but it's a LOT of work. We're hoping to finish up most of it tonight. The final steps should be done tomorrow evening. Hooray!!!


This is just a cute picture. Gordon went in to wake up Spencer so that we could get to church on time, and brought him out asleep in his arms like this. I went to grab the camera because it was ADORABLE ... when his eyes popped open. Still a cute picture. :)

AND -- on Saturday (the day before Father's Day) Spencer started saying "Dadadadada". He doesn't associate it with Gordon yet, but it's still super cute. I got a little bit of it on video. There's about 15 seconds in the middle where there is no sound because I am waiting for Spencer to talk. I didn't want him to hear my voice. But, stick it out - the end is very cute.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cute video! Brings back so many memories!

The Queen said...

Oooh, this brings back SO many memories!!! I miss my little babies!!