Friday, October 03, 2008

Poor Gordon

Three night-time Gordon stories coming your way ...

1. At night, both Gordon and I really like to sleep in a cool house. So, we always have a fan at the foot of our bed blowing on us. On this particular night, Gordon couldn't get cool enough. He turned around and put his head at the end of the bed facing the fan to help himself cool off. He thought of this ingenious idea after I had already fallen asleep, so I did not know he had re-oriented himself. In the middle of the night, I was trying to get comfortable and so I turned from one side to the other and while turning I had to adjust my legs to still be around my prego-pillow. I lifted my leg up without thinking and totally kicked Gordon in the head. It's a good thing that I am married to a bear of a husband who wakes up for nothing in the night. He just squirmed a little and I muttered a soft, "Sorry, honey." Luckily, he didn't remember it in the morning...and there were no bruises. :)

2. Usually I am the one who has weirdo dreams, but the last few nights Gordon and I have switched roles. You can tell he loves his job, because his work frequently makes its way into his dreams. The other night, he had a dream that he was helping our dear missionaries in the ward with a tough problem ... how sweet, right? Yeah ... it was a tough math problem. They just couldn't figure out the equation. Good thing super Gordon was there to save the day! haha.

3. One last Gordon dream. Last night we watched the Vice Presidential debate as I'm sure many of you did. Gordon had a dream that he had to design a crossover for Palin and Biden. This was the reason (so he says) that he snoozed his alarm about 50 million times this morning. "I had to keep going back to my dream so that I could finish the crossover!" Silly me, why didn't I realize that was the reason ...


6 comments:

Jacqui said...

Chrissy, tell Gordon that one of the things I remember most about him in College was how excited he used to get talking or thinking about speakers and sound. It cracked me up that ANYONE had so much passion for his/her major.

So I can totally picture him 'bring work home with him.'

Sarah said...

I watched the most interesting series called "Body by Numbers" on Discovery Health. They said that while we sleep, our brains go through all of the days events and sorts through it to decide what is important and what is not. Then it throws out the junk. We also replay in our mind what happened to us when we were younger which explains why we can remember what happened when we were 12 but not last month! Our dreams come when all of those memories in our head swirl around and our brains try to sort out what is "important" and what is not. That is why we need 7 hours of sleep- to defragment our minds!

GordonandChrissy said...

That is VERY interesting. It still doesn't answer my question as to why I have so many scary dreams ... when I watch nothing scary and do nothing scary during the day. Hmm ... I'll have to read a dream book or something. :)

katieo said...

fyi:
I have HORRIFIC dreams when I'm pregnant. I mean, vivid, horrible, crazy, dreams. I can still remember some of them to this day. (and they still freak me out! )

GordonandChrissy said...

Jacqui - I will be sure to tell Gordon that. I totally understand. I thought the same thing when I met him. He just lights up when he talks about speakers. Now, if he would just get that excited when I ask him to do things like ... make the bed, laundry. haha.

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

That's funny. One of the things I remember about Gordon (and Chris), was what a couple of polar bears they were at night. The rest of our apartment would be 70, and you'd open their bedroom door in winter and it would be about 32.