So I'm here at work right now but I had to put up a quick post (this is Gordon). Some measurements we do on speakers have to be up on the roof of our building. I'm currently working on some new cinema systems...and they're pretty big and powerful, if I do say so myself.
Well, I had just finished collecting my data and was waiting for it to finish crunching so I decided to open up the internet and check out some blogs. You know how some blogs have those music play lists that start automatically? Well, I had not disconnected my speakers yet and the measurement system we use up here uses the sound card for data transfer.
Do you see where I'm going with this?
I opened up Lindsay and Ross's blog and the theme song from Mamma Mia started to play over the whole cinema system! It took me a second to realize what was going on before I was able to stop it. I just checked the amplifier settings and I just played Mamma Mia for the neighborhood with about 6000 watts of power!!!!!! ...not to mention everyone inside our building who I'm sure enjoyed it, too.
Do I have the best job or what!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I bet that sounded awesome! You do have what sounds like a fun job!
"...here we go again...my, my..."
AWESOME.
I'm not a fan of music on blogs (no offense everyone who has music) only because the boys will turn the sound way up when they're playing their computer games, then I get on the computer...late at night...when everything is QUIET...and BOOM I'm scared silly because David Archuleta is blasting out of my computer...
ok, sorry for the rant :)
(hey, we haven't had a preggy pic of Chrissy in quite awhile...and how are her really bad dreams? Getting worse?)
You are too funny, Gordon. I would be so embarrassed!
Jen- I'm sure it sounded awesome too. He called right after it happened cracking up. Hilarious!
Katie- I totally agree about the music thing. I will have my sound on for someone's video and forget that it's up louder and get blasted away. However, some people have some great taste in music on their blogs, so I tend to use their lists like a radio when I'm working around the house. :) Oh, and Gordon is painting our baby room so I have been internet-less for about a week. I'm at a friend's house now, but we'll put up some new pictures as soon as the fumes are gone. :) He should be done by Sunday. Yay!
Em- He was ToTALLY embarassed, but laughing at the same time.
that's hilarious.
p.s. i love the music on people's blogs. i have some on mine but it is set so that the listener had to play it. it doesn't go automatically like so many do. the best of both worlds!
Awesome! Although, it could have been worse.
Gordon, you'll always be my dancing queen.
-Jon
haha--I did that the other day at school with my laptop on their blog too. I bet it was awesome on your system though ;) How are Crissy and the baby doing? Not much longer!
Post a Comment