Sunday, October 12, 2008

"The" recipe

I wish I could claim this as my own, but ... it comes from a lady in our ward who does a monthly cooking class. She has a cookbook out and is working on a second, so if I can find the name of it I'll let you know because she deserves ALL the credit. Every time I go to a class, I come home with leftovers to try and we both love all of it. She's incredible. Okay, bragging over ... onto the recipe.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 T ground cinnamon
3 (7.5 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuit cans
(It sounded like a lot to me, but I bought a four pack for less than $2)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine melted

Frosting:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 Tbsp. milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside
3. Cut each biscuit into halves, roll in cinnamon-sugar
4. Place half of the biscuit pieces in baking dish (I used a bunt pan); drizzle with half of the butter. Top with remaining biscuit pieces, then drizzle with remaining butter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. (I had TONS of sugar mix leftover, so I sprinkled with some of the remaining, but I didn't use all of it.)
5. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
6. Drizzle with frosting.

To make frosting:
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 1 T of milk; beat until well blended. Beat in enough of the remaining milk until the glaze is of desired consistency. (I used 1 1/2 T) Drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve warm.

****This keeps well if you wrap it immediately with plastic wrap. It's good the next day, and the next, and the next. It makes a lot!


1 comment:

jen and brody said...

Yummy. Thanks!