We had a "Mormon Night" at Dodger's stadium out here last week, so Gordon and I bought a couple of the cheap seat tickets and went down after work. We decided not to take the camera with us because we didn't want to have to carry it all over or risk it getting hurt. So, the only picture we have is me sporting my blue and white. Go Dodgers! (I didn't even know what their colors were...I had to ask Gordon.) But, baseball games are always fun, so we went and had a good time.
We're whimps and left half-way through so we could get home before it was too late...we had work the next morning. And out here...you never know if it'll take an hour to get home, or three.
The littlest things can make my day. Like a couple of days ago when I bought this new trashcan. I've been meaning to get a new one so that we can use one for recycling. I found this at Target and I love it. It's big and sturdy and white so it blends in a LOT more than our old black one does. Now we use the black one for recycling and keep it in a closet.
A couple of my latest attempts in cooking. Above, my FIRST EVER pork chops. I cook meat a lot, but usually chicken or fish or something simple. I made these on Sunday after church and they were SO yummy! They cooked in the oven with apples and a brown sugar and cinnamon sauce. I made mashed potatoes out of the red new potatoes and some salad to top it off. It was great!
I know this picture looks a little nasty, but it's zucchini bread in the process. (With chocolate chips, of course) And the finished result is below. It was awesome! I'm not too skilled in setting up my cooking still-life pictures yet, but I'm working on it. Hopefully, you'll see some more better ones to come. :)

4 comments:
We have the same trash can! I think we may take our trash out a little more frequent though...
We too have left a Diamnodbacks game early. Our excuse though was a crying child that only the person holding could hear. (Taylor was 9 months old) He was driving me nuts and John could not hear him. That is how loud it was in the stadium!
John - That is cool they had Mormon Night! What a great idea.
hey skinny minny!
We (meaning Aaron) are so picky about trach can requirements. We finally found one we love but you're totally right- if it fits and works, it can just make you happy!
It was totally fun. I guess each stake had a certain area of tickets, because we saw lots of people from our stake right where we were.
And, I am pretty picky about trash cans too. I really wanted to get a nice stainless steel one that closes really firmly so that it never smells, but I had no idea how expensive they are. They were like 50 bucks! A little pricey for us. But, this new white one has just been lovely. :)
Post a Comment