I decided that since I like to check everyone's blog to see what's new, that there are probably others of you out there that check pretty often as well. I'm always disappointed when there's not something new posted to look at, but then I look at my own blog and realize I haven't posted very recently either. So, I've decided to try and update ours more often. They may not always have pictures, but at least there's something to entertain you and help you to get to know us better...hopefully. :)
Good news for this week:
Good news for this week:
1) Gordon got three more speakers signed off by his boss. He is very excited to get them to the production stage and get them out!
2) I was home! It's been so fun traveling and seeing all of the family, but it's always so nice to be back home with my honey.
3) I found out there's a Farmer's market here on Thursday evenings, yahoo!
4) We've been working on finding some things to put up in our apartment that show that we're LDS. This week we found two quote boards for the walls. One says, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." And the other says, "Families are forever." Both are important to us, and we're excited to have them in our home.
5) We met with an insurance agent and got all of our renters/auto insurance stuff up to date and how we like it. Sounds like a silly thing, but we've been meaning to get in and get really informed about it all, so it was exciting to get it done.
6) Gordon and I were released as Primary teachers, now I'm in nursery. I'm excited and a little nervous...that's such a big change going from 7 year olds to 18 months. Hopefully it'll go well tomorrow!
7) Last but not least, Gordon made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast yesterday, probably one of my favorite foods in the world.
That's it. :) Have a fantastic weekend!
2) I was home! It's been so fun traveling and seeing all of the family, but it's always so nice to be back home with my honey.
3) I found out there's a Farmer's market here on Thursday evenings, yahoo!
4) We've been working on finding some things to put up in our apartment that show that we're LDS. This week we found two quote boards for the walls. One says, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." And the other says, "Families are forever." Both are important to us, and we're excited to have them in our home.
5) We met with an insurance agent and got all of our renters/auto insurance stuff up to date and how we like it. Sounds like a silly thing, but we've been meaning to get in and get really informed about it all, so it was exciting to get it done.
6) Gordon and I were released as Primary teachers, now I'm in nursery. I'm excited and a little nervous...that's such a big change going from 7 year olds to 18 months. Hopefully it'll go well tomorrow!
7) Last but not least, Gordon made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast yesterday, probably one of my favorite foods in the world.
That's it. :) Have a fantastic weekend!

11 comments:
I love your post Chrissy. I always like hearing what's going on with your guys since we are on opposite sides of the country. Nursery will be so fun. You just get to play and eat snacks and be silly:) Also, your zucchini bread looks yummy- wish I could make it but I would end up eating it all myself since Steve thinks it's gross. Oh, and you look so SKINNY!!
Chrissy- I LOVE nursery. I have never been called, but I have subbed many times. I also know first hand what impact a great leader has on children. My boys LOVED nursery and we still hear about their leaders. That experience prepares them for primary.
Katrina- Thanks. I'm hoping that it will go well tomorrow. I forgot about the snacks too, score! I'm always starving by the end of church. And you should totally make the bread, just keep it all to yourself. :)
Sarah- It's good to hear that you liked being in nursery when you got a chance to sub. I'm pretty excited about it, just a little nervous since it will be new. I'm glad to hear that your boys remember their nursery leaders, though. I was afraid I might not be able to get through to them since they're so little. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. :)
This is John - I understand what you mean about checking everyone's blog to see if there is something new. However, I realize everyone is busy and frankly there are some days where there is nothing really to share. I discovered feedblitz for free that you can add to your blog. People and can enter their e-mail and then you receive an e-mail with their updates automatically. Check out our site to see what I mean - it is just above our family links.
Help us understand what you mean by Gordon got three more speakers signed off by his boss. Did he build them, design them, what exactly does he do?
You are so lucky to have a farmer's market near you. I love buying direct from the farmer. For some reason I think it's more fresh and cuts out the middle man's markup. (Not sure if it is always cheaper though.)
I'm sorry to hear that you were released from primary. I teach the 7 year olds who are turning 8 this year (CTR 8) and love it. Sarah is right, our boys have had the best nursery leaders. They were so organized and they LOVED our boys. They still talk about them often. If you ever need ideas, Sarah has a ton since she was Primary President when she had the awesome nursery leaders we mentioned.
One last comment - I know what you mean about getting things on the wall that make your house look like a home. If you found great deals on the quote boards, please share!
We sure had a great time seeing you two last time we went to Disneyland. It is so nice to keep in touch this way.
Before I forget, I just discovered a cool feature on blogger that enables you to receive people's comments on your blog sent directly to your e-mail. I don't know about the rest of you, but it is exciting to see what people have posted. Perhaps you alredy know, but just in case you can go under the settings tab adjacent to "Posting". Click on "Comments" and scroll down to Comment Notification Address. Enter your e-mail address!
Sorry about the lengthy comments. Keep up the great blog! John
Good luck in nursery! (yay for snacktime)
I am also guilty of checking everyone's blogs a little too often. I usually blog SS weekdays and B & W on weekends, unless I've got something to throw up there in the middle of the week.
John - I have never heard of feedbitz, I'm on my way to your blog to check it out now!
I agree with you about the Farmer's Market. I'm sure it's mostly psychological, but it always tastes better when I know that it's fresh from the farmer. :)
We're very sad to have to leave our primary kids too. We had SUCH a great class. One of those classes where all of the kids are reverent and listen and really learn from the lesson, it was a great experience. Gordon doesn't have a calling yet, so he went to all of the classes today by himself, I missed being with him at church. I didn't realize how used to being with him through all three hours I was.
About the quote boards. They have been really fun to have up, but unfortunately I didn't find a great deal on them. I bought them at a church bookstore that we have out here. One was about $15 and the other was bigger and was $25. That's more than we usually spend on little things like that, but they were really neat and add a lot of "home", you know. Right now we're on the lookout for a framed nice version of the Family Proclamation to put up. The one at this store was $80...yikes!
Oh, and thanks also for the tip on receiving email notifications of people's comments. I agree, it's always fun to hear back from other people after they've read the post.
It was a blast seeing you guys when you came out. Since you all love Disneyland...you should be due for another trip soon, right? :) Let us know when you're out here next and we'll have to get together again. If your kids like playing in the pool, our neighborhood has a really fun pool if you all have an afternoon to come up. But, with the crazy traffic around here...that could be quite a time commitment. haha.
Take care, thanks for the comments!
Katie- I love that you update SS everyday. It's always fun to go and check out what you've posted. I try to be good about leaving comments too, it's always fun to read from other people. :) And your family blog is so cute, too! Oh, and Becca's little girl, Megan, is in my nursery class! She is so cute, and so sweet. :)
John - Oops, I forgot...about Gordon's new projects. He's going to get on soon and explain all about it. He'll do a much better job than me. :)
Steven and I subbed in nursery for about 2 months - it was actually pretty fun. It's fun to see the kids outside of nursery because they wave to you and smile, shyly.
If it were up to our boys, we would LIVE at Disneyland. In fact, Taylor thinks it is just around the corner. While Jonathan is gone at school, Taylor wants to just go until Jonathan comes home.
Jessica- I can tell that Jonathan was not one of your nursery children. Nothing shy about his "HELLO SISTER HICKEN!" from across the chapel.
Mmmmm...chocolate chip pancakes.
Post a Comment