I'll have to post some pictures later, but for now ... the story.
Last night I was busy doing some laundry, trying to get the load of darks in and finished before we went to bed. I just grabbed everything that was dirty and headed to the machine.
After about a half an hour, I went to check and see if it was done washing so I could get everything in the dryer. I was transferring the clothes to the dryer when ... dun, dun, dun ... I pulled out Gordon's SUIT PANTS! Eeks. They were all wrinkled and weird looking. I took them in and showed them to him. I think I started out with something like, "Um, Gordon...I think I may have made a mistake..." Being the incredibly forgiving and understanding husband he is, he just laughed and suggested we take them to the dry cleaners to see if they can fix them.
Phew...I thought I was off the hook. So, I folded them up and this morning I put them in the car to take the the cleaners after work. I took them in and explained to the lady at the counter. She said, "Oh, no problem. Have they shr---" she was starting to ask me if they had shrunk at all, as she unfolded them and looked. Yep, they're short. First of all, I love Gordon, but he's not an extremely tall fellow. So, I had to take a second look and hold them up to my own short legs before I realized that yes, they are definitely much shorter than they used to be.
I went ahead and had her clean them and then I figured I would bring them home and have Gordon try them on to see if it's even worth taking the hem out of the bottom and letting them down. They may be beyond repair. They're due to be done on Thursday. So, we'll see!
On a happier note, last night I mixed up some cinnamon rolls before we took a walk and let them cook while we were gone. Oh my gosh, they were delicious! I forgot how much I love cinnamon rolls. I stole the recipe from Katrina's website, Krafty Katrina. If you click on Steve and Katrina's link on our page and then on their page click on Krafty Katrina...it's right there. They're scrumptious and super easy too. A good combination.
P.S. My apologies for the million and a half ellipses in this post. I am known to over-use them.
Last night I was busy doing some laundry, trying to get the load of darks in and finished before we went to bed. I just grabbed everything that was dirty and headed to the machine.
After about a half an hour, I went to check and see if it was done washing so I could get everything in the dryer. I was transferring the clothes to the dryer when ... dun, dun, dun ... I pulled out Gordon's SUIT PANTS! Eeks. They were all wrinkled and weird looking. I took them in and showed them to him. I think I started out with something like, "Um, Gordon...I think I may have made a mistake..." Being the incredibly forgiving and understanding husband he is, he just laughed and suggested we take them to the dry cleaners to see if they can fix them.
Phew...I thought I was off the hook. So, I folded them up and this morning I put them in the car to take the the cleaners after work. I took them in and explained to the lady at the counter. She said, "Oh, no problem. Have they shr---" she was starting to ask me if they had shrunk at all, as she unfolded them and looked. Yep, they're short. First of all, I love Gordon, but he's not an extremely tall fellow. So, I had to take a second look and hold them up to my own short legs before I realized that yes, they are definitely much shorter than they used to be.
I went ahead and had her clean them and then I figured I would bring them home and have Gordon try them on to see if it's even worth taking the hem out of the bottom and letting them down. They may be beyond repair. They're due to be done on Thursday. So, we'll see!
On a happier note, last night I mixed up some cinnamon rolls before we took a walk and let them cook while we were gone. Oh my gosh, they were delicious! I forgot how much I love cinnamon rolls. I stole the recipe from Katrina's website, Krafty Katrina. If you click on Steve and Katrina's link on our page and then on their page click on Krafty Katrina...it's right there. They're scrumptious and super easy too. A good combination.
P.S. My apologies for the million and a half ellipses in this post. I am known to over-use them.

4 comments:
You'll definitely have to update us with the verdict of the pants. I didn't know dress pants could shrink like that... Maybe Gordon grew? :-)
Ever since high school, I've only grown in one direction...and it isn't vertically...
-Gordon
You know, it is stories like these that carry on through the years. John has quite a few as well about me washing temple recommends...
It is now Saturday, and we are dying with curiousity if the pants shrunk. Please update us!
Post a Comment