I had been trying to figure out what to do over our windows for a LONG time. I finally saw a decorating show last week that had these window treatments that were like a valence, but hung without a curtain rod. My problem had always been trying to figure out how to hang a rod when the windows went right up to the corner like they do without buying an expensive "turn the corner" rod thing. So, I saw these valences that they made and then they fastened a drawer pull to the wall and had a tassel that hung from the drawer pull to keep it up. I didn't really like the tassels hanging down over the valence, it looked a little fancy schmancy for my taste, so I changed it a little...but finally I have something for my windows! I love having them up there because it adds a little bit of color without covering up all of the light that they bring in.
I finished them on Thursday night and then Friday night before I had enrichment at our house, Gordon finished hanging them about 15 minutes before everyone got there. Phew!
I put them in the living and dining room and I made some for the kitchen window but we're hanging those today. We ran out of time!


3 comments:
I LOVE IT!!! So cute and fancy looking. I like the fabric. That is always the hard part for me becuase I can never figure out what fabric will look good. ANd Steve always thinks everythign is ugly unless it is solid. You are very crafty!
It is so cute Chris! I love it. I like it better than the one on the show. I'm glad you left the tassles off...they were a bit much. Way-to-go.
Ok, what is with you and Katrina being so on-the-ball, Martha Stewarty?? It just makes the rest of us look bad! :)
Post a Comment