We spent all of Thursday afternoon at the pool. It was wonderful. They have three pools there. The one that was right behind our building is called the "Quiet Pool". There are no kids allowed, so you can just go and read and relax and enjoy the hot, hot, hot sun. (105!!) After we relaxed and soaked up the sun we went out to eat at Cheesecake Factory...eventually. We drove around looking for this place called the SeaGrille forever, and then saw Cheesecake Factory. Anyhow, once we were there, it was delicious! We split a piece of cheesecake for dessert, Oreo Mud Pie, SO yummy! The pool that is pictured below is one of the other two pools that we spent time at on Friday. They're called infinity pools because when you're in them it looks like there is no edge. The water just runs over the edge onto a grate, it's really neat.

They also have these cabanas with misters on them so that you don't get TOO hot. They had cabana boys coming around taking drink orders and everything, it was wild. We acted like we fit in, but we really didn't. haha.

Here's us saying goodbye to the beautiful resort. We had to check out of our room at about 11 am on Friday, then, we took off to explore the world of shopping in Palm Springs.


This is called "El Paseo" shopping. It's a long strip on the street El Paseo with TONS of shopping, but .... it's all high-class shopping. So, we just looked around in awe.

Here is one such of those shops...Saks 5th Avenue. I've never set foot in this store before, but thought it would be fun to just look. I snuck a picture of this purse because it was Prada purse for 1400 DOLLARS! Can you imagine spending that much on ONE purse? I freak out when I pay more than $20 for a purse. I have to admit, though, they had some REALLY cute dresses in there, they were only $400, but Gordon still said no, the nerve. :)

After a hard day of swimming and shopping, we were hungry! We found this place called Babe's BBQ and thought it sounded great. They have these little golf cart looking things that bring you in from the parking lot called "Babe Mobile's". Gordon thought that was too cool, but then realized they were talking about Babe, the pig. haha.

This is Gordon cleansing his pallette after a big plate of BBQ. He said his pallette was REALLY dirty, so he needed to eat my sorbet, too, since I didn't want it anyway. :)

Katrina, this one's for you. We found some Outlet stores on the way home from Palm Springs, and I decided against the brown dress at Target a while back, but I found this one while we were window shopping. I loved it! Gordon told me I'd better post a picture of me in it before you bought it and posted a picture of you first! haha. What can I say, we have good taste! Oh...and a girl in our ward had the Target dress on the day after I looked at buying it! :)







7 comments:
Chrissy, I think you should know that the bright blue swimsuit you're wearing in that first picture isn't very...flattering. Maybe you should try a two-piece or something.
Excuse me? I think it totally accentuates my long legs. Rude-o.
I love that dress! was it comparable in price to the target one? I have looked at wrap around dresses but they are usually too low and need a tank top underneath. it looks really cute on you though.....as well as the bright blue swimming suit:) I'm jealous of the nice vacation you guys got. Looks like so much fun!
It wasn't bad at all, actually. We found this great outlet mall down by Palm Springs (I didn't buy it IN Palm Springs of course, stuff there was CRAZY expensive) So it's from an Ann Taylor outlet store. It was on sale from 108.00 to 39.99. A little more than I usually spend, but it was a great deal. :) It was a fun trip, but it looks like you guys have had a pretty great trip as well!
I know what you mean about wrap dresses, though. This one I thought didn't need a tank top, but I wore one underneath just in case to church...and I'm glad I did. You know, just in case, so you can move without worrying. :) If you find any other cute ones let me know. I looked again at Target a week or so ago, and all the cute dresses were maternity.
It looks like you guys had so much fun! Glad you had a good time.
1) Chrissy, you are a skinny minnie!
2) I haven't been to a pool sans children in over 6 years. I'm jealous
3) That prada purse for 1400? HA! I'd take a picture too!
4) Cute dress. I can't shop at Target for dresses anymore, I'm gauranteed to "match" one of the young woman in church the next week. I don't mind but I think they do! :)
5) We miss you!
Post a Comment