Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ahhh....this is the life!

Yesterday, we got back home from PALM SPRINGS!!! Some of our friends in our ward have a time-share agreement with Mariott, and so they had a week reserved in Palm Springs at a FIVE STAR resort, and they could only use the first half of the week and asked if we wanted the last couple of days for free. Um...YES! So, Gordon and I took off work Thursday and Friday and we drove to Palm Springs for a few days. It was ... amazing.



We're all packed and ready to roll!


We're driving.


Still driving...but here are some cool windmills. There are tons of them.


"Wow! Look at all of those windmills! We should take some pictures of these!" And we took a ton of pictures of them...I didn't realize how many until we got home.


We're here! The resort was BEAUTIFUL! It's right on a golf course, so the grass is all perfectly green and there were huge, wonderful palm trees everywhere. Paradise. :)


The drive in from the gates to our place.


This is the view off of the balcony. It was just, amazing. I keep saying that, but we kept saying that all weekend! I can't believe some people actually live like this. There were some units for sale there, I can't imagine living here, it was awesome.


The room was very nice too. It had a little kitchenette in there, so we brought our own food for breakfast and lunches and then went out for dinner.


Point me to the pool, I'm ready to lounge!

2 comments:

katieo said...

Ok. I'm going to be a total DORK here and correct one small thing. Those cool windmills? They're actually called "turbines." I know this from our drive out to Nauvoo. Aaron had to correct me more than once. (they turn, they've got big spinny things...windmill right?) Anyway, I kept calling them windmills-on purpose-and it drove him nuts! ok, sorry, just had to share :)

GordonandChrissy said...

Haha, glad you told me! Gordon and I would've looked like total dorks on our next roadtrip with Aaron. haha. :) There were seriously...thousands of them, they never ended! We wondered if they powered the city. Do you know?