Spencer is watching Ice Age on my phone while I'm cooking dinner. I know, I'm actually blogging - but the soup is simmering - so I can still say I'm cooking. Right?
Since I don't have the phone, this post will be sans pictures, but you'll get a little update on our baby bundle!
We had our 37 week appt on Tuesday and it went really well! The baby is measuring well and in the right position. We did an ultra sound and got to see him and WOW he has gotten so much bigger since the scan at 20 weeks. His head looked HUGE! Hopefully it isn't really that big! She guessed that he weighs around 6 pounds now and judging by his position (super low and ready to go) and since Spencer was 10 days early - she guessed that he would most likely come early as well.
The official due date is December 31st - so we are just awaiting the day when this sweet boy comes! I had contractions on Saturday night for about 2 1/2 hours every 15 minutes. At first they came with some pain, but the pain lessened and they eventually stopped and I slept normally. But, it got us scared! The next day I got my bag and the baby's bag packed and we vacuumed out the carseat and got it all ready to go. I think we are officially ok to go if he decides to make his grand arrival here early.
That's basically it for us - here are a few cute Spencer stories as of late.
1) He has been asking me about heaven a lot lately. He keeps telling me that he doesn't want to go to heaven, and WHY is Heavenly Father's plan that we die and then go to heaven? He likes it here on earth. Sheesh. What do you say to that? I keep telling him all about heaven and how much better it is than earth - but he's still not convinced. But, the other day we were on a walk and he looked up at the sky. It was cloudy, but the sun was just starting to poke through. He said, "Mom, is THAT heaven?" Precious.
2) He knows that stupid is a bad word, but used to get the word "busted" confused with stupid. So, he would refuse to say busted as well. Now he realizes they are different but still thinks it's super funny to say busted whenever he gets the chance. "Mom ... you are SO busted." snicker snicker
He is such a boy.
3) He is very sweet about helping me while I'm pregnant - especially as I'm getting bigger. Daddy is great about reinforcing this as well and always tells him to take good care of me during the day. So cute. The other day, Spencer wanted a clementine, so Gordon got him one. I asked Spence if he would grab me one from the fridge. He got half way there and then turned around and gave me half of his orange. I asked if they were all gone and he said, "Nope. I just didn't want you to have to wait so long for your orange to be peeled. So you can share mine." I love this kid.
Of course he has his moments of craziness - but he's a sweet, sensitive and thoughtful kid. And we love him.
We hope he loves having a baby brother!
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't believe your new baby is almost here. I had ultrasounds with all of my babies up until I delivered. It got to the point they stopped taking pictures for me because they could never get a shot that was not all head or another part of the body. Spencer sounds like a hoot! Can't believe he has a birthday next week too!!!
Post a Comment