Saturday was an ... interesting day for me. About three months ago, I got a letter in the mail from the DMV. Yikes, I was caught on a camera at an intersection going through a red light. Before you think I'm horrible...let me explain myself.
I was coming home late at night from a day with my Aunt and cousin. I was super tired and SO ready to be home from a long drive. So, as I approached an intersection close to our house and saw the arrow turning yellow, I decided to go for it and get through the light. There was NO ONE else at the intersection and I knew I'd have to wait through another whole cycle of the lights. (I know, it saved me what ... 2 minutes? Dumb decision #1) As I drove through, I saw the lights of the camera flash and knew they got me.
When I got home, I told Gordon and warned him that I might have been caught. Eeks. A few days later, the letter came. A traffic ticket with a three pictures: 1) the car very clearly entering the intersection on a red 2) My face in the car up close 3) The back of our car zoomed in on the plate. So, there's no disputing that! I called in and paid the ticket (SOOOO expensive!!!) and then signed up for traffic school (Dumb decision #2) to get it off my record. I totally should have opted for the on-line traffic school.
This takes us to Saturday, my traffic school day. I knew it would be long and boring (8-4), but I was not prepared. It started off alright, but this guy kept rambling on with "funny" personal stories to demonstrate the traffic laws. I sware, if we would have just discussed the laws we needed to, it could've taken an hour. Unfortunately, we went right until 4, yep that's 8 hours in a chair. We never got up, just sat and listened. Ugh. I do not do well with that. After our lunch break, I started to get really tired and restless, so I just got out of my chair and went to the back of the room and started walking around and quietly jumping up and down. I realize that the other people probably thought I was p-s-y-c-h-o, but he told us if we fell asleep he'd send us home. (And he had to warn a girl that fell asleep that next time she's kicked out.) So, I figured I'd rather be an idiot than have to do this class again.
Anyhow, long story short, I finished, I passed and I have NO ticket on my record. Was it worth it? If you had asked me Saturday, I would have said "Heck NO!" But today I think it is worth the savings in insurance. Poor Gordon had to deal with me the rest of the day, too. He was about 4 minutes late picking me up and I was NOT in a very cheery mood. I was SO sick of being there, and SO ready to go home. Fortunately, he's understanding and knew I was just frustrated. Thanks, Gordon. :)
Well, I'm at work so I don't have the picture of the ticket. But it's pretty funny, so I'll scan it in at home and post it later today. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading. I know it was a LONG story.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sorry about that Chrissy. They have those camera's everywhere here in AZ. Also they now have cameras at intersections if you go too fast too! Online would have been a good option. I don't think they have that option here.
That's so funny! Not so funny for you... but it makes for a good story! I enjoyed reading it! I haven't had a ticket in a really long time- but I hate those cameras at intersections! I'm always so scared they're going to catch me doing something wrong... makes me nervous! For you, I'm glad it's over!!
I learned something...but I'm not sure if it works. When you go through a red light, cover your face. Then when you get the picture, you say that's not me, it's my cousin from FLA. or something crazy like that. But I don't think I would have the guts to fight the ticket like that. Bummer on the ticket...but hey, now it's a story to laugh about.
Chrissy you seriously have the best stories ever!!!!
I enjoyed reading it!!!
Post a Comment