Last night we went to our neighbor's for a Christmas party. Lurking in the corner of the kitchen was an amazing looking cake. I resisted as long as I could by stuffing pea pods and carrots in my mouth at a rate that I may regret this morning. After 5 minutes of resistance, I couldn't take it any longer and tried a small piece. DELICIOUS!!! I must have more! I grab a plate and cut a generous portion and run to the bathroom to eat in peace...or maybe it was just a barstool in the dining room...the memory is a bit hazy. Later that evening, our host and wonderful neighbor was talking about this new cake she experimented with. Chrissy asked her what was in it...chocolate, chocolate chips, chocolate pudding, Kahlua, sour cream, eggs, oil...wait a minute. Did she say Kahlua? And did I just eat half the cake? And why am I the only one dancing?
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ha, ha, ha, ha--this made me laugh out loud!! I'm sure the heat of baking neutralized the Kahlua. But, if you were dancing, hmmmmm.
That's hilarious! I have heard that many things taste wonderful when alcohol is an ingredient! My mom once ate an entire appetizer of mushrooms by herself at a restaurant- after she finished, she asked what was in it- white wine. She thoroughly enjoyed her 'freebie'!! And she was so sad that she couldn't have more! LOL! You're funny!!
That is funny.
That is so funny!!!! Are you hung over today? That was great!
I love these funny blogs you guys do. You two are so funny. Poor cake...it just won't taste the same without the ingredient that makes you wanna dance.
Post a Comment