This has nothing to do with Christmas, but maybe for Gordon it felt a little like Christmas. :)
Our DVD/VCR has been going downhill for quite a while. About a year ago, we got a new DVD player and we have been saving this other combo. unit just for watching VHS tapes. But, sadly, now it won't even play those. And if it wasn't totally dead before, it is definitely dead now. Gordon took it all apart and played with it to try and figure out what went wrong. What an engineer ...
Our DVD/VCR has been going downhill for quite a while. About a year ago, we got a new DVD player and we have been saving this other combo. unit just for watching VHS tapes. But, sadly, now it won't even play those. And if it wasn't totally dead before, it is definitely dead now. Gordon took it all apart and played with it to try and figure out what went wrong. What an engineer ...

Here's the "Christmassy" part. I made some chocolate covered pretzels for gifts for friends and neighbors. They were pretty easy and they were just fun to do. Since I am subbing now, I took one day off this week to do Christmas cards and these pretzels. I closed all of the windows and turned on our Christmas lights to try and pretend it was cold outside. ha.


The final product. I used a recipe for the dipping chocolate that I found online, but one batch totally didn't work and I could never use the whole bowl of chocolate. By the end of the bowl it wouldn't stick anymore. So, that's why I'm not posting the recipe, because it's not a good one. When I talked to my mom later, she said she buys the dipping chocolate and adds chocolate chips to that. I will definitely be doing that next time!

7 comments:
I love your pretzels... what a cute idea! Maybe I'll have to let the kids do those this week- that would be fun! Thanks for the idea!!! That's funny about the dvd/vhs player! We have had horrible luck with dvd players for years!!
They look great Chrissy. We make homemade carmel and dip the pretzels in that first and then in chocolate. Two years ago, Target had their almond bark on clearance for 50 cents a bar and I got quite a bit. It is paying off now though! If the dipping chocolate is too thick, you need to add a little oil to it. Sorry it did not turn out for you. That is the frustrating part of baking.
Gordon- I am glad that you had a good time as well! Jonathan keeps asking how you are doing. He has the best memory.
Those look delicious. We had those at our wedding reception and I never got to try them. Every time I see them, I get a little bitter. I should probably give in and try to make them myself. What a cute idea to stick them in bags and make em "christmassy".
Oh...and we wish you guys lived closer. My speakers don't work on our laptop...and on the bottom they say jbl. We need Gordon to fix it. Does he take house calls...to Reno?
Those look amazing! You are so creative.
MMM!!!!! looks really good.
WE saved alot of snow for you chrissy don't you worry.
Thanks! Keep it until next week! hehe.
And Sariah, he'll be there tomorrow between 1 and 10 pm. ha.
Those look so yummy! I wish I was on the list to get one! :)
Post a Comment