Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Halloween Challenge

The ward Halloween party is coming up, and we are still on the activities committee. We're pretty excited about the activity, it was a lot of fun last year.

The only thing we're stumped on is my costume (Chrissy). Gordon has a GREAT idea for a costume. Go to the link below and you'll know instantly who he is going to be. With a little facial hair make-up added...it'll be awesome. :) But, I still have no idea what to be. Below are our costumes from last year. I was a ladybug and Gordon was the caterpillar on Bug's Life (Heimlech).

Here's the challenge....we need a costume idea. Any and all are invited to comment and give their creative ideas for a costume. It can't be super expensive or something that I'll have to rent because we're not willing to spend more than about $20 on it.

So...here goes! We will look at all of the entries (in form of comments on this post) and whichever idea is chosen, we will send you $2 in the mail. That's right, a whole TWO BUCKS, just for you! Now, if you're thinking, "What cheapskates!" Remember... $2 can get you many things, like:

1. TWO things at the dollar store (2 new kitchen utensiles, 2 scrapbooking pages, 2 tools)
2. TWO packs of your favorite gum
3. TWO candybars, or MORE if you hit a good sale at Wal-Mart
4. A brand new thing of nail polish
5. TWO things of nail polish from the dollar store
6. A pint of your favorite ice cream
7. A new hat (from D.I.)
8. A headband from Target

The possibilities are really endless, and I know many of those ideas are a little ... girlie, but I'm a girl, so that's what you get. Men out there, use your creativity.

So for now, so long and GOOD LUCK!!!


Gordon's Costume Idea



13 comments:

katieo said...

Ok, I'm just going with the whole home improvement thing here, but what about a tool? ...like a hammer or something? Or Bob the Builder. But you're a girl. soooo, maybe not. (but if you did decide to be bob, and were 2 feet shorter, we could mail you the costume!)

Althought there's always Heidi (the well-endowed "helper" on Home Improvement) Heehee. Probably not. It is a WARD activity after all :) lol!

GordonandChrissy said...

Haha! She was the first person I thought of too...but I think they might kick me out. :) A tool is a great idea! Bob the Builder would be really funny, but they said no cross-dressing. Shoot! Thanks for the suggestions!

Steve and Katrina said...

THe first thing I thought of was the tool helper girl.....haha! I am still thinking of something good for you so stay tuned.

Lindsay said...

I like the idea of going as a toolbox. You could get a whole bunch of tools and secure them all over your body (maybe do something that looks more like a toolbox as well). I'll keep thinking about it...

T and B said...

We are thinking...

GordonandChrissy said...

Thanks for all of the ideas! And yes, keep thinking...it's gotta be great! There's a costume contest, and we totally need to win. :)

Jon and Becky said...

Jon suggested you going as Hillary and Bill Clinton. I said since people always tell you that you look like Kirsten Dunst that you should go as Spiderman and MaryJane...I know Gordon already picked his, but he'd make a snappy spiderman.

GordonandChrissy said...

That'd be really funny...Spiderman and MaryJane, I actually just saw a Spiderman costume at Target last night, and thought, "Hmm..." He would be a "snappy" Spiderman. I'll mention it to him. And Bill and Hilary would be HILARIOUS! I'm afraid I might get beat up out here, though. haha.

Jon and Becky said...

Hey I just realized...take a look at the little picture next to my comment...do the figures look familiar? And hey, can you think of a better excuse to wear spandex?

Sarah said...

You know- you could be Wendy from Bob the builder...

Another idea is you could go as leftovers. They put tin foil all over and then a sign stating what kind of leftover they were.

Then you could be super mom and dad and put babies on each of your legs and wear the snugglie with another baby in there.

GordonandChrissy said...

Haha, Becky, that's too funny. But, um, spandex? Gross.

Sarah, I love the leftover idea. That's really creative.

T and B said...

Gordon could dress up in camo & Foliage representing a "Bush" and Chrissy could wrap a few chains around her and you guys could be "Bush and Cheney". Heck, Chrissy could even be Dix Cheney! What do ya think? Let us know if you don't have our address:)

GordonandChrissy said...

That is GREAT! Bush and Cheney. I love it.

We'll be making our decision soon...so stay posted!