I keep forgetting to record how Spencer is doing with this idea of transition from one kid to two.
In one word: awesome.
He's been the only kiddo for a while around here, so we weren't so sure how he would feel about adding some competition (and it may be a completely different story once this #2 arrives) but so far, so good!
We told him right about 11 or 12 weeks, I think and he was super excited. We thought for sure he'd want a brother but ever since that day he has been very consistently asking for a "baby sister".
Names:
If it's a girl, we should name her Bonkie. Or Caroline.
If it's a boy --- Donkey.
We are hoping for a girl, if this kid's names are going to stick!
However, if we have twins - we already have our rhyming names set.
No, we're not having twins.
This year we got our first flag. It felt great to have some patriotic spirit on the outside of our home. Gordon and Spencer installed the flag/mounting bracket one night and Spencer was just mesmerized while Gordon worked - as usual. Gordon is also building a workbench in the garage and organizing all of his tools on some peg board. Spencer will stay out there with him for hours helping him to work. I'll peek out and see Spencer just sitting on the floor behind Gordon sorting through "his" tools (we got him some tools for Christmas) and chatting up a storm with his Dad. Seriously, so cute!!!
The Fourth of July was great for us this year. Gordon was supposed to be in China but plans changed (hooray!!!) so we went over to a friend from work's home for a BBQ in the afternoon and stayed until about 8 so we could boogie back up home in time for fireworks.
Gordon's co-worker invited us, and a few other couples and singles to celebrate and we worried a little that Spencer would be TOTALLY bored - but he just relished in the attention. They set out a little special chair just for him with a Spiderman book and a new gun that shoots nerf balls. He kept saying, "Do I get to KEEP all of these prizes?" Ha. What a sweet kid. THEN, they cooled down their hot tub and let him go for a swim. He had a blast. Plus, they had two dogs (and another friend brought her two dogs) that would chase balls that he threw. It was Spencer's dream. :) And we had a blast chatting with friends and eating yummy food.
Our friends from LA (The Fletcher's) came for dinner last week while they were in town visiting family. It was so fun to see them and catch up! Sadly, this is the only picture we got of them - Kristi cuddling our HUGE zucchini. :)
Lastly, a fun trip to Happy Hollow with 'cousin' Calvin. These boys were so cute and SUCH good listeners and had a blast. Calvin isn't too fond of this ride, but Spencer was happy to go alone and laugh and laugh. He loves it. :)
By the end of this ride, Calvin and Spencer were yelling "HIIII!" to everyone as they passed by and making the workers crack up. It was hilarious. Little hams.
If you zoom in you can see Spencer's mouth wide open yelling.
Spence and I went to subway this afternoon. A favorite for both of us.
Lately he keeps telling me that sandwiches are his favorite food ever. Nice and easy - love it!
PS Spencer has become quite a scavenger as of lately. Gordon started giving him some old tools to keep in his little tool bag in the garage and now Spencer keeps asking me to look around the house for things I'm not using anymore so that he can have it. He is thrilled with each new discovery.
This morning it was a hair clip and a coupon print out from Target.
I hope he's this easy to please as time goes by ...










2 comments:
Okay, I am terrible and realized that I never commented to congratulate you on baby #2. That is so exciting!! When I saw your first post about it I called Steve at work just to tell him becuase I was so excited for you guys.
I've also been meaning to tell you that we are so sorry that we never got back to you about meeting up. Things just got so busy on our trip. It would have been super fun to see you guys and I'm sad we didn't get to. Hopefully next time we go to Reno we can meet up someplace in between.
I hope you are feeling well and Spencer's excitement continues!! Can't wait to see a new little baby added to your family.
BAHAHAHAHAHA those names crack me up! I guess they could be nicknames until real ones are picked, right? LOL
Glad you guys had a wonderful 4th, and that Gordon was able to stick around for it! Sounds like you guys are staying busy and havin lots of fun!
Post a Comment