Last summer we heard about these movies in the park. They are put on by the city, totally free (with complimentary popcorn and lemonade!) and they do them every Friday for about 8 weeks in the summer. We try and go whenever it works with our schedule. The only tricky part is that the movies start at 8:30, so if Spencer will take a nap, he's good to go until the end. He's a big cuddlier, so it's fun to go and snuggle up. It gets pretty chilly at night out here!
We needed to grab something at IKEA last week and we went in the morning. Spencer had just gotten over a fever and I was having a hard time getting him to eat much. When we got there, he said he wanted to eat some breakfast - so we did!
And, he had fun being a goofball for the camera. :)
We found the COOLEST car wash I've ever seen last week. We took the van to get cleaned and they have a neat system where you can watch it go through all of the wash cycles. Spencer LOVED it. They also had this cool horse ride for 1 penny. Who does anything for a penny anymore? Obviously, it was a hit.
Oh, and they also had free popcorn and lemonade.
We're sold.
We have been talking about painting our kitchen ever since .... we moved in. Which was a year and half ago - and we finally did it! I say "we" but Gordon surprised me and stayed up late last weekend taping and then painted after work one day and got it all done! We love it. It really makes the bead board pop and the white cabinets also.
He is just like his dad. He found this OSH (hardware store) advertisement in the mailbox last week and spent a good 10 minutes looking through it. Very seriously.
"Look at those great mow lawners, mom!"
And whoa ... garden explosion this week. It was awesome.
Spence and I went out to water and we have been finding great snap peas to pick for snacks each day, but over the past week our green beans just exploded and we had tons. And tons of cucumbers and zucchini too. Our carrots tasted great and are bigger than last year, but we still can't seem to grow them very large. Ah well.
Enjoying some of the fruits of our labor.
Snap peas are his favorite!
He always says, "Mom, can we just have a snap pea lunch today?"
Thursday night we discovered that the town just north of us has their farmers market and street music festival. We went to check it out and had a blast. They had a firetruck and police car out and open so the kids could get inside and try them. Spencer couldn't believe it!
We also split some AWESOME strawberry and chocolate gelato. Yum, I love gelato.
So, it looks like Spencer is kicking this girl off the truck. Whoops.
Promise he's not. They were taking turns swinging on there and she and her brother are hopping off at the same time. It's the only decent picture I have of him on the truck.
I tried to get Spencer to take a picture of me to show the belly.
He was cracking up and kept shaking the camera.
At least this one has my head in it and is somewhat in focus.
Ha!
Anyhow - this is the baby at almost 18 weeks.
Morning sickness seems to be through - yay!!! I was much more sick with this little chicky than with Spencer. But, still just as hungry as with Spencer.
Someone found the camera.
We do a swap with some of our good friends in the ward so that we can each have a "free" date night at least once a month. It has been so great! The kids have a blast together and it's really nice to be able to stay out late without having to calculate how much we're paying a sitter. Tonight they were at our place and right before bed I put on a show for them and started cleaning up dinner stuff. I came back to find Spencer softly stroking little J's head. So sweet. I think he'll be a great big brother.















2 comments:
Is the movie at the park the same one on The Wedding Planner? I have always wanted to do that.
I need to move up north, with all the free popcorn and lemonade going on! LOL I love that you guys seem to go out and explore everything around you as a family. I need to figure out fun (preferably free) family stuff to do around here!
You are looking great! I can't believe you're almost half way thru your pregancy already! :)
Post a Comment