Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lost my wipes

I lost my wipes container that I keep in the diaper bag. We looked ALL over for them. Spencer likes to carry it around, so I looked in closets, under furniture, etc. For a few days I carried around some wipes in a plastic bag, but finally I just broke down and spent the $2 to replace the nice, convenient case.

That night I did some laundry and found this at the VERY bottom of the basket...


The jury is still out, but I'm thinking it may have been the doings of this little munchkin.


There's no proof, so I'm not saying it's the final decision. But, he DOES love to throw things in the laundry basket while I do laundry. We're just lucky we haven't had a toy car go through the cycle yet. I'm sure that day is not far off.

Check out this GQ kid. The shirt is a Christmas gift from Steph and Taylor (Thanks, guys! We love it!) and the vest just looked too. It was a cold and rainy day, I had to put it on him. :)

We've had quite a few moments like this lately.

We have started doing little time-outs for Spencer. Don't get me wrong, we know he's only 1. But, if he purposefully disobeys - we will do a little time-out on our lap. He can't have any toys and we count to 20. It seems to work (sometimes). He'll occasionally get up and give us a kiss and then sometimes point to the object he wasn't supposed to touch and shake his head "no". It's pretty cute. I have to admit there have been times when he's looked up at us during a time-out and we can't help but laugh because he's SO dang cute.
But, it's a start to help him to learn how to listen.

He LOVES books. It's so cute.

And, sometimes he just doesn't have the energy to sit up and read. It's much more comfortable to lounge and enjoy/eat a book on the floor.

Other times, you just need a rest.

We babysat for a friend that has a girl Spencer's age. She's been over quite a few times and they play well together. They both wanted to be held and Gordon wanted to take a picture.

Life with twins:

There is a perfect view from our dining room window to watch all of the birds fly around and to hear the water fountain outside of the building. Spencer and Daddy like to watch the birds. Spencer points them out. "Da!"

2 comments:

The Pollocks said...

That is super cute! Love the pictures!

Mrs. Horton said...

His little vest outfit makes him look so much older! And handsome too :)