Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A walk to see the "DA!"



Spencer calls Ducks "Da!"

Spencer also calls the following things "da" ...

1) ball
2) his bear
3) book
4) Dad

So ... maybe he just makes that sound a lot.

But, he definitely recognizes things. He can point out in a book ....

1) ball
2) dog
3) duck
4) banana
5) cat
6) fish
7) shoe
8) sock

He is starting to learn SO much. It's so fun. This morning, I was getting his clothes out of his closet. I threw his outfit on the floor and he ran up to his pants and started opening them up and trying to put his leg in! He's never done that before. He also is starting to try and put his socks on by himself. We are so proud. :)

On President's Day we went on a walk to the park. We ended up walking around the lake and looking at all of the "da"s. (ducks) We had a blast, but didn't realize how warm and sunny it was before we left the house. The little man got a little sun on his face. Oops! I guess the warm weather is here!

6 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

I envy you guys for your sunshine right now. 28 degrees here- snowy & overcast. Spencer is so cute. That is a fun age he is at. You can see their little brains processing things. So fun!

Todd and Meagan said...

And those are really cute pictures!

Megan said...

Yeah, you'll be excited that he can put his own shoes and socks on... until he learns how to take them off and leaves them all over the house. At least that's my experience with my brothers, haha. ;) But in all seriousness, I'm sure it must be so fun to see him getting older and being able to communicate better with you guys!

I'm so glad you guys were able to enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having, too! I went out and read my book at the park, and it was awesome! Keep having lots of fun and taking lots of cute pics of Spencer and the "Da"s for us to enjoy!

The Pollocks said...

Cute pics! Yeah, now that the weather is warming up, we should take more walks. It's so beautiful there!

Becky said...

I don't mean to sound repetitive, but those pictures are so cute!

Jon and Becky said...

We weren't complaining! We think that shirt is the cutest shirt in the whole wide world and she has worn it much more than just on her birthday. Next time you make her a one-year old birthday shirt, I hope it's exactly the same.