Our Valentine's Day gift to each other:
LESSONS ON CURLING
What is curling?
Curling: A game originating in Scotland in which two four-person teams slide heavy oblate stones toward the center of a circle at either end of a length of ice.
How fun is it?
Super duper. It was awesome!
Surprisingly, my dainty little man wasn't the most graceful thrower, but we all had a great time. We went with another couple and so we had our own team of four. It was a three hour clinic where we watched a video, practiced our skills, and played a game against another team of four. We had a blast! Definitely the best Valentine's Day gift ever.
LESSONS ON CURLING
What is curling?
Curling: A game originating in Scotland in which two four-person teams slide heavy oblate stones toward the center of a circle at either end of a length of ice.
How fun is it?
Super duper. It was awesome!
Surprisingly, my dainty little man wasn't the most graceful thrower, but we all had a great time. We went with another couple and so we had our own team of four. It was a three hour clinic where we watched a video, practiced our skills, and played a game against another team of four. We had a blast! Definitely the best Valentine's Day gift ever.
This little man was babysat by one of our former Sunday School students. He had a great time and slept on his babysitter for the first few hours we were gone. So sweet.
We are having a very low-budget V day this year, so the curling was our gift. This morning, Gordon woke up to a first class breakfast. Nothing fancy, true, but he loved it. :)

This is what our toy corner looked like this morning when Gordon woke up.
What does that mean?
It means Spencer was still sleeping. His Valentine's Day gift to us was sleeping in until 8:30 so that we could have a nice, quiet breakfast together. It was awesome.

Look at that cute smiling face.
Spencer's pretty cute too.
Ha.
Spencer started running a fever last Sunday. It lasted for three days with no other symptoms. After the fever broke, he broke out in a rash on his tummy and chest.Any guesses?
Roseola. So, for a few days he's been looking a lot like the previous picture. Not feeling so hot.
He's also been more tired than usual, just trying to get rid of the virus.
I came in his room and found him like this. He took off the cushion and was laying his head down on the wood frame. Not the most comfortable thing I can imagine, but I guess it felt good to him. :)
P.S. Gordon's V-day gift to me:
1) Surprising me today and letting me know that he has NO WORK tomorrow. I didn't know it was President's Day.
2) Letting me know that I would be doing NO dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning or diapers today. He was taking over. Awesome!
P.S. Gordon's V-day gift to me:
1) Surprising me today and letting me know that he has NO WORK tomorrow. I didn't know it was President's Day.
2) Letting me know that I would be doing NO dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning or diapers today. He was taking over. Awesome!


3 comments:
That is sooooo sweet! Way to be super_awesome Gordon!
Sounds like a lovely Valentine's Day!! Glad you were able to enjoy it!
And I'm so sorry to hear that Spencer was a sicky... :(
Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to give you a hug yesterday and say thanks again for doing nursery last week! The mandarin oranges I brought for nursery had spilled all in the inside of my bag, so I had to run to the kitchen to clean it out... haha. But seriously, thank you x a million! You're the best!
Oh, sick! Mandarin oranges all over your bag? Yuck!
And, no problem at all! We had a great time and the kids were really well behaved. The time went by very quickly. :) Don't hesitate to ask if you need a sub again, I'm happy to help!
Post a Comment