I recently received the following e-mails at work. You determine how high up the nerd-o-meter this goes. All e-mails are copied exactly as I received them with the names changed to protect the innocent and nerdy...
E-mail #1
I went to see UP in 3D Sunday night and it is a very good movie. Period.
When my wife saw me grab the over the shoulder, messenger bag, she said "you
aren't going to embarrass me are you?"
So I was curious about a typical movie theater (digital in this case) that
is well maintained by AMC.
Here is what I observed.
Lights - at front row of stadium seating, .7fc during previews, I could
read and make simple notes easily.
.07 fc during the feature (couldn't read my notes with out the nerd-o-matic
LED pen).
Audio
Dialog around 75- 85 db SPL C 1 sec, and the mid to upper 80s was emphatic
or commanding in quality.
Peak with .125 msec integration was 108. I didn't monitor the whole movie
just up to the lightning storm.
I don't have a measurement grade reflective luminance meter, so I was not
able to get a guess at the effective contrast ratio.
My wife didn't change seats, or leave via a different door. So I guess I was
discrete, or she has accepted me as her burden in life.
E-mail #2
My wife says you make me look "normal". --Chrissy agreed with this.
E-mail #3
I have taken the liberty of forwarding this post to my wife... perhaps
she'll decide I'm not quite so bad... until of course I do the same
thing... you've given me an idea!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment