Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ski trip!

This was Gordon's first time EVER skiing. He did really well and had a great time!
On Friday, we got the gear and he had a lesson with two of our nieces. Saturday, I joined him and we skied together all day. My sister, Jen, watched Spencer during the day while we were together and called when he needed to eat. It was so nice. We had never left him with anyone yet, so it was nice having him with her who I totally trust, we just had a great time and enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather.


All decked out in their ski gear!


One of our friends commented that this looks like a urinal ... it's not. They're filling out all of their paperwork before renting equipment. ha.


Looking good in his boots!


This is during his lesson. Spencer and I hung out in the lodge and watched everyone come down the slopes. The girls and Gordon had their lesson right outside the lodge, so we could see them every once in a while through the window. Here, he is learning to snow plow. :)


On the bunny slope, there's a "magic carpet". It's a little conveyor belt (kind of like a moving sidewalk in the airport) that takes you up the hill to try again. I could see their little heads bopping by from where we were.



Nice look, huh?

Even our littlest niece there tried it out. SO cute.


Three guesses as to who's under there ...




Yep, Mr. Man, himself. He did great!


2 comments:

Jon and Becky said...

Ahh, so cute! It was so cute to see pictures of the other kids that I don't get to see as often. Where's Cassie?

GordonandChrissy said...

She and Jack played together a lot down in the basement and I have only a FEW pictures of her. I didn't realize until after we left that we didn't get very many of her! When I took the picture of the kids in their ski gear, she had already gotten hers and gone up for her lesson with Kathy. :(