Friday, April 24, 2009

The FIRST airplane ride

Over Easter, the three of us flew to WY for a little ski trip with some of the family. It was the big guy's first plane trip, so we were a little nervous. Okay, a lot nervous.


Dad and Spence in the airport waiting for plane #1.


He is definitely in the "everything I see goes in my mouth" stage now.


Living here, you have to count on the worst traffic possible and leave for the airport very early - just in case. However, we made it there in about 30 minutes, so we had a good two hours to chill out after we had checked in and gone through security. He did SOOO well. It was awesome.


On plane ride #1, he ate and then slept the WHOLE time. Lovely. Here we are having some down time during our layover in SLC. He loves books.


Mom brought the carrier and that's how we got around the airports. We went for a walk in the airport to stretch our legs and take up some time. He fell fast asleep, and when we got back to where Dad was ... Mom fell fast asleep too. We were exhausted. I never fall asleep in public places, but I was totally out.


And so was he. :)


Dad "scolding" his cute son. Riiight...


Last but not least, my sweet man. I talk about my cute boy a lot, but we can't forget how SUPER cute this guy is. Thanks for all you do for us! Love you, babe!

4 comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

The first airplane ride is a scary one. And the second...and third...You never know what to expect with each age. I'm glad that Spencer was so good for you. The pictures are so cute! He is the cutest little guy :)

Jimmy & Amy said...

He is getting so big I can't believe it! You guys look as happy as ever!

Becky said...

I love that picture with you two asleep, it's so sweet. And yes, I agree with you on that last picture of Sam on our blog. I even said it to Jon last night. I said, "Jon, that picture of Sam looks just like I did at that age." Yep, that's what I said.

The Queen said...

aww, so cute!! i love that you fell asleep in the airport and that gordon was taking pictures of you. hehe. i remember when james was about 10 months old we flew to UT for my brother's wedding and the flight was delayed THREE hours!! Luckily James was a super easy kid and he fell asleep on a blanket on the floor. :)