Monday, January 12, 2009

We're doing it!

Today is the FIRST official day that Spencer and I have been on our own at home all day. Gordon was home for the first two weeks and then my parents were here. And I am happy to say that it has been great! Last night was a little rough, but Gordon stayed up with the little guy late into the evening (which is our routine...he stays up after I feed at about 9, so I can get a few hours of sleep and then I get up when he's ready to eat again). Last night he wasn't asleep until 1 am. And Gordon just stayed up with him and walked him so I could sleep. Such a great Dad!

After that he slept until 3 and then ate and slept from 4-6. He was awake for a while, but then slept again from 9-11. I slept every time with him, so we both got a few great naps!

We hung out this morning for a while and then he played on his blanket while I showered and ate lunch. Such a patient little man. :)
I was showered and dressed by 1 pm, which I thought was great!


Spencer and Momma before our walk.


All bundled up. He slept the whole time and is sleeping in his car seat beside me now. We're having a fun day! And we hope you are too!

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

congratulations! I remember the first time I took Andy on all by myself. I'm pretty sure I didn't get a shower in OR a walk, so well done!

Mandy Coffey said...

wow that's awesome! i hear such horror stories from a co-worker who has a baby about spencer's age and all he can talk about is how they have a hard time gettin their own sleep, showers and meals! You seem to manage it pretty well congrats! :)

becca said...

Wow -- I am so impressed! It sounds like you are doing great, but I'm going to have to call you to hear it in person. Spencer is sooooo cute! I love the picture in your last post of Gordon holding Spencer after his bath, with Spencer's hand in his mouth. He is really exceptionally cute (no surprise, considering his family!)
Thinking of you!

The Queen said...

That first day alone is always so scary! Gordon is a sweetie to help you. Glad you had fun!