Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas lights and embarassing moment(s)

Funny story: I was parking our car the other day and there are those cement blocks in front of each spot. I was judging how far to pull up by the car next to me, and apparently that car was raised a little higher from the ground because I heard a loud "SCRATCH!!!" sound that clued me in that I had gone too far. Oh well, right? No harm done. To me. To the car? Eh...

But then, I realized that the car next to me was pulling out of their spot. How embarrassing! They had been right there to hear the whole thing! Oh wait ... they're not moving. I am! I had forgotten to put the car in park and I was now rolling backwards out into the parking lot. Yikes. Luckily, there were no cars or people in the way, but ... talk about a blond moment.

AND random pictures to illustrate what an engineer my cute husband is. I don't know how he does it or has the patience to do it ... but every year when we take our decorations down, he very carefully and meticulously packages up the lights JUST like they came in the box. Seriously. Have you ever tried to do that? It's really hard. He even has the extra lights and the little piece of paper at the top of the box like they do when you open it. He's amazing. And here's some proof.

The bottom picture is what I do with the lights. I string 'em up ... he takes 'em down. I MUCH prefer my job, and I think he much prefers his. It's a win-win situation in our house. :)

12 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

Guess what.......Steve does the same thing with our lights. I love it because I would never have the patience to do that.

GordonandChrissy said...

I know! Me either. It's always so nice to unwrap them the next year after they're put away nicely. :)

Becky said...

You guys are weirdos
:)

Jacqui said...

My Kraig does the same thing with our lights too. But I'll tell you, I'm totally thankful each christmas when I get them out and they're so precise in the box.

Becky said...

How did you all find each other?

Mandy Coffey said...

hahahahaha that IS a funny story(ies)

Mrs. Horton said...

I'm sitting at my computer at work, laughing at loud at your car story. Glad to hear you didn't run anyone over!

And yes, we're still planning on coming out probably end of February or beginning of March. I check 'ding' everyday for deals from Salt Lake/Denver. Can't wait to meet Spencer!

Mrs. Horton said...

Dang it, I can't edit my comment. I meant "laughing out loud" not "at loud". Oops :)

GordonandChrissy said...

Becky - Hmm...I vaguely remember this crazed lady getting us together by selecting him for her committee. ha.

Jacqui - Glad to hear it's other men, too. But, yes it is SOO nice the next year. I agree.

Emily - Yay! We're so excited for you to come out, too! And if you want to laugh "at loud" that's okay with us. :)

Becky said...

no, no, no, I meant how did all of you girls find each other with guys that all liked to wind up the tree lights...

GordonandChrissy said...

Ah. I dunno. :)

Justin and Amy said...

Very beautiful work with the Christmas lights. And your embarassing story was funny... I can't tell you how many times I have hit those cement things in parking places. I can't believe you only have a couple weeks to go. You must be very excited. As far as going to the hospital goes, I would make sure you have anything that would make you feel cleaner and better. After being in the hospital for even a day, you feel so gross. I did anyway. So any hair stuff or make up or whatever. That's my advice:)