Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weekend Warriors!

Have you ever seen that show "Weekend Warriors"? I think it's on HGTV, but I haven't seen it in a LONG time, so it may be extinct.

We decided to take on a weekend project a few weekends ago. Namely, the bedroom. I've been giving Gordon a hard time for a while about getting new bedding. (We were using my old college comforter. It was totally functional, just not the cutest thing.) So, we had saved up some money and I went out to shop.

Check it out:



This is the part of redecorating that I hate, the mess. Our living room looked really chaotic for a while. We had to move all of our furniture out of the bedroom and take everything off of the walls and patch up the holes in the wall before we could re-hang new things and get the room together.


Our first new addition! This is a drawing Emily did for Gordon for Christmas. Isn't it awesome? He LOVES the Sydney Opera House in Australia and has always wanted to go there to hear the acoustics. So, she made his dreams come true...for now. :)


Gordon did all of the spackling and re-painting, that's not my favorite thing.

This is the view of the bedroom that you see from the dining room. The bedding looks a little funky in this picture, but I really like it in real life. I guess you'll just have to come and see it for yourself to form an opinion. :)



And here's what you see on the other wall. I've had that star for about 6 months with no place to put it. Finally it's up!

3 comments:

Becky said...

ah, that looks really good. And Emily's picture looks awesome too! Way to go little decorator girl. I mean woman.

Mrs. Horton said...

I've finally seen it in person! And I agree, it's really cute.

Stephanie said...

Hooray for redecorating! Love it.