Well, after the rave reviews I've heard from our night stories...I will continue to post the fun.
Last night we had a semi-night story. I say this because it wasn't super crazy. Definitely not a "belly laugh" funny, but if you want to let out a light chuckle, that'd be fine.
We had been asleep for a while, and I woke up to Gordon picking up his pillow and searching on the floor by the bed for something. Curious, I asked him what he was looking for.
"The, the, the bear."
That was all the response I got and then he fell back asleep. Of course, he remembers nothing of this, or dreaming about a bear.
On another topic...
(if you're not interested in reading about substitute stories...tune out here)
This has been an interesting week of subbing.
Monday I taught the CUTEST first grade class of kids, totally loving learning and absolute sweethearts.
On Tuesday, I had a half day (AM) of first graders again, so I was excited. Whoa!! It was a different world. They were ALL over the place. We were doing fun lessons, but their attention lasted maybe 5 seconds. It was insane. I was so happy when their teacher came back!!!
Then Wednesday, I had 6th grade, which isn't my favorite. They're starting to be a little bit ... annoying. (I know that sounds mean, sorry if you're reading this and you're in sixth grade) I walked into the school and told the secretary that I was there for a sixth grade class, but that online it hadn't given me a teacher's name.
"Oh, you're the sixth grade sub..."
(That's never good.)
"All of the sixth graders are on a field trip. You'll have a class of all of the kids that didn't go."
So immediately I'm thinking, "Crap. I'm going to have all of the trouble makers that couldn't go on the field trip.
Luckily, to make a long story short, (phew!) they were AWESOME!! One of the easiest classes I have ever taught this year. There were only about 15 of them and they worked SUPER quietly and really well together. I let them work in partners on their Math and I was expecting to have to really watch them and monitor the noise, but they whispered ... the WHOLE time. That's very rare for older kids, with a sub. anyhow. So, it was great!!!
Monday I taught the CUTEST first grade class of kids, totally loving learning and absolute sweethearts.
On Tuesday, I had a half day (AM) of first graders again, so I was excited. Whoa!! It was a different world. They were ALL over the place. We were doing fun lessons, but their attention lasted maybe 5 seconds. It was insane. I was so happy when their teacher came back!!!
Then Wednesday, I had 6th grade, which isn't my favorite. They're starting to be a little bit ... annoying. (I know that sounds mean, sorry if you're reading this and you're in sixth grade) I walked into the school and told the secretary that I was there for a sixth grade class, but that online it hadn't given me a teacher's name.
"Oh, you're the sixth grade sub..."
(That's never good.)
"All of the sixth graders are on a field trip. You'll have a class of all of the kids that didn't go."
So immediately I'm thinking, "Crap. I'm going to have all of the trouble makers that couldn't go on the field trip.
Luckily, to make a long story short, (phew!) they were AWESOME!! One of the easiest classes I have ever taught this year. There were only about 15 of them and they worked SUPER quietly and really well together. I let them work in partners on their Math and I was expecting to have to really watch them and monitor the noise, but they whispered ... the WHOLE time. That's very rare for older kids, with a sub. anyhow. So, it was great!!!

1 comment:
Jonathan would have been in the ADORABLE first grade class. I get full reports when he has subs.
Post a Comment