Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Crazy California
So, I have recently started admitting that I really do LOVE California weather. Last year I was a little crabby during the "winter" because I missed the snow. But, I have transformed...and quickly. I LOVE the warm winters now. We came out of Stake Conference a few weeks ago and it was 70 degrees! It was awesome.
That being said, there were a few things that were just weird to me this week. First, I went in to Target to look around and all of the swimsuits are out already. Are they out everywhere, or is that just here? Secondly, when the kids come in from recess they're all hot and sweaty. It stinks (literally) because they're hot and want the heat off, but I haven't been running around outside and I'm still cold. But I feel bad making them sweat when they get in. Shouldn't there be a recess for teachers? I think that would solve all of my problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Yep, bathing suits are out at Kohl's too. We put them out about two weeks ago. It's pushing the season, if you ask me.
Swimsuits are out at Target here, too... and they have some really cute ones this year :) I love California weather, too! I am already looking forward to our few weeks there in couple of months... in fact, I'd love to see you while we're out there!!
I was reading that the swimsuits are out back east as well. I LOVE living in Arizona for this reason. My boys play outside with a jacket on and crocs. Taylor asks everyday when he can wear shorts again. Then they ask me why I don't like living in the snow! I will let them find out for themselves.
Maybe they come out that early to remind everyone of their New Year Resolution of losing weight? Ü
I've been kind of sad thinking that we will have winter on the warmer side once we move. But the other day it was 53 out and we went out to play and I was thinking that maybe it won't be so bad after all. I am kind of excited to have warmer winters. As long as I get to see snow at least once I will be good. Oh, and I was just noticing the bathing suits at Target the other day. And all the stores have shorts out and summer clothes. Crazy! I acutally think they do it becasue of Spring break. Lots of people go to warmer places so they have the stuff in the stores for people to buy before their trips. That's just my guess.
The bathing suits are at the Target out here too. Frankly, swimming is the farthest thing from my mind when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground...
Well, I guess it's not just crazy CA then! Sounds like the summer wear is out all over. :)
Melissa-when are you guys coming out? We'd love to have you guys over for dinner or just to say hi if you have time.
Jen-good call on the New Year's resolutions...that's probably a big motivator. :)
We are coming out in June or July. We'll be out there for 2-3 weeks. Our business is based in Sausalito! Every year my hubby has to go out for work stuff and the kids and I go for fun! We're planning to spend a few days in the LA area. We'd love to come for dinner or just get together! I'll let you know when we decide for sure when to come. We're getting ready to put our house up for sale- so that could postpone our trip some... who knows! I'll let you know!
Yep, I was at the Carter's store the other day and they had the CUTEST little baby bathing suits out. The thing I don't get about bathing suits is how they can charge soooooooo much for just a little piece of fabric (baby & adult). Oh, well.
I'm with you about feeling nice and cozy warm. Maybe the kids could all get a big drink of cold water before they come in. I think the fastest way to change your body temp is from the inside out.
Post a Comment