On the Saturday before Easter, we got our eggs out to dye them. When I was little we always colored on the eggs with crayons first and then put them in the dye. So, Gordon and I tried to do that this Easter, but the crayon only showed up on the really light colored eggs. But it was still fun.

Gordon loved it. He even did some half and half eggs, half one color half another. They looked pretty cool.

Okay, so Gordon and I decided to give eachother Easter baskets this year, which we usually haven't done. So, I found these Easter bowls really cheap and thought that I might actually use them again in the future; as opposed to an Easter basket that would just go in storage until next year. So, I got one for both of us and then we went out and filled them for one another. This is the basket Gordon made for me. TONS of candy, I know. It was delicious! Needless to say, we still have LOTS left over which Gordon enjoys in his lunches everyday. The funny thing about this basket is...those of you who know Gordon well, know he LOVES cowtails, those white long things sticking up out of the side of the basket, and he knows I do NOT love them. So, he gives me this basket Easter morning and then promptly takes the Cowtails out and puts them back in his basket. How sweet. :)
Disclaimer: There is actually quite a bit of that fake grass stuff under all of the candy, there's not really SO much in there. Just so you don't think we're insane.

This is the basket I made for Gordon. I thought it had tons of candy in it until I saw the one he made for me. He loves Peeps and Reses (haha, like "I love Spam and Reses, can I have that?" Name that movie...) so I got him lots of Reses stuff and two things of Peeps. When I went to the store on Monday, I saw that the Peeps were now 29 cents!!! I think in the future we should exchange Easter baskets AFTER Easter and get great deals on all of the candy.

Aww...Easter morning.



6 comments:
How fun!! I love dying easter eggs. I did it with my friends but it probably would have been more fun doing it with Steve and Chandler but oh well. Next year I guess. I tried writing on them with a crayon too and it didn't seem to work. WE must have had special egg crayons when I was little or something?
OH yeah, I was also going to say that is a neat idea of getting each other baskets. I think I might enforce that tradition next year so Steve will have to get me stuff:)
You should. I almost just got him one, but then I got selfish and asked if he wanted to buy for eachother...it was fun. :) Plus, then you have twice the candy! hehe.
You guys are so cute! Those Easter baskets looked like they have a lot of good stuff in them :) Maybe we will show up at your place next year!
That would be SO fun to have you guys come visit! Did you have a good Easter? Gordon saw that you tried to call earlier tonight, but he was on the bus and can't hear on there. So, he will call you back tomorrow...this two hour time difference makes it hard to call at night. :)
It is actually three hours- we are Eastern. Todd had some questions about our receiver or something like that.
Post a Comment