Saturday, March 28, 2015

February and March 2015


Recently, our stake boundaries were changed and a new ward was formed.  (A new congregation was added to our area.) Spencer has a really great group of friends that are his age, and it was sad to see them split into different wards.  However, they have been great about continuing to get together and play.  Here are a few of them!


These two boys are usually the best of buddies.  They're normal kids, and sometimes they get frustrated with each other, but for the most part they play really great.  A lot of that is due to Spencer's patience.  He really loves his little brother!  And because of that, Daniel is starting to want to be with Spencer all of the time!  During the day, I hear, "Pencer -- scoo (school)" and "Daddy - wok"  


Spencer is such a happy helper and volunteers to help get Daniel dressed and ready to play all of the time!  Well, unless Spencer has a playdate over, then Daniel has to fend for himself.  As it should be, he still loves playing with his friends.  :) 




You can't really see Daniel's face, but he was terrified of this ride at Happy Hollow the last time we went.  It's the SLOOOOOOWEST dragon ride, that loops around and has little images of fairytales along the way, but for some reason it just put him over the top.  He cried the whole way.  



"Do you want to play superheroes? I'll be clip man." 


Hooray!  Daniel figured out how to set up the tent on his own.  Kind of .... 


We have the total pleasure of doing a weekly swap with this cutie pie and Daniel loves playing with Griffon.  (Driddon) Griff really knows how to make Daniel laugh.  As is shown above.  I love that picture!


I also love THIS picture.  
Yep, that's number three.  
15 weeks along now, and we are SO excited.  
4 more weeks and we find out boy or girl .... 


There's not much better than being in a double stroller with your buddy. 



Well, maybe the beach.  Daniel LOOOOVES the beach!  Spencer does too, but Daniel asks for it all of the time.  He either requests "beach" or "part" (park) almost every day.  


Grandma and Grandpa Dix came for a visit and I got way too few pictures taken.  But, we had a great time with them!  We went bowling, mini golfing, out to lunch, and just played a ton.  We all loved having them here and even little Daniel warmed up to them pretty quickly, which I think they loved.  :) 




Totally random, but I never did a Christmas post.  We DID celebrate Christmas, but the photos were all on Gordon's phone.  Here's some proof that we did some fun things.  And aren't those Christmas Eve jammies the cutest?  We have the best kids. 



Daniel's second birthday party.  
Cupcakes and Bubble Guppies plates and napkins - he had a blast!





Beach day with G&G Dix!



Spencer lost his first tooth.  Thank goodness Grandpa was here, we were too chicken to yank it out.  




We got a new swings and it has changed our lives!  That's a little dramatic, but really, it has been so nice.  The boys play and play and play back there and have so much fun.  



A few weeks later, G&G Thorne came to visit!  We had another great visit with them.  Unfortunately for both sets of visitors, I was periodically throwing up, but I think mostly an ok hostess.  Hopefully.  
Here's the belly. 






We played at the park and baked with Grandma.  If you can't tell, that's turtle bread.  BOTH boys loved it!  I thought Daniel would get bored after a few minutes, but he loved shaping and re shaping the dough and adding chocolate chips.  :) 


It's growing back!
And the next tooth is wiggly.  


The first pool day of the season was in March and a total success.  Daniel looks miserable here, but he had a great time splashing in the water.  Goal for the summer = to get him to float happily in that device.  He wouldn't let me let him go.  We will break him in.  :) 


Nothing's better than snuggles on Daddy.  We all love that guy.  
Happy Easter!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Man, that picture of Daniel laughing his head off with Griffon is incredible! I'm jealous you get to see Suzanne so much and I don't. ;)
Silly belly picture - looks like a regular tummy to me. Darling dress, though!

Todd and Meagan said...

Congrats!!!!!! So happy for you guys. :). Your boys are so cute. Can't wait to hear what your newest addition is going to be.