November was good to us. I hope it was to you as well. I can't believe December is here and Christmas is around the corner! December also brings birthdays for us - Spencer will be 6 and Daniel will be 2. Here we go!
Daniel perfected the toddler tantrum during November. Here, he is displaying this tantrum in Party City one morning while I was shopping. Yes, I took a picture before dealing with him. :)
Fortunately, later in the month, he started becoming a much better listener. Partly because he is realizing there are consequences to his actions and partly because he is just growing up.
Time out works.
The end.
Mr. Cool dude.
Daniel LOVES glasses and sunglasses. He points them out whenever someone is wearing them.
Sunglasses : "gun ga ga"
Glasses: "ga ga"
Every day in kindergarten, a different parent is assigned to bring a snack for the class. We brought snack on Halloween, so we had to do something cool. Spencer helped me make all of the cracker spiders. When I came, they were ALL gone. Spencer's teacher said they were a big hit.
Spencer was Luke Skywalker (but not allowed to bring his light saber to school - school rules)
Daniel was R2-D2
I was C3PO and Gordon was Hans Solo.
Star Wars Family!
Daniel gives great cuddles. He loves to snuggle up, especially when he's tired.
And especially, specially when Bubble Guppies is on. :)
We decided this year that we need to buy a bigger house pronto so that we can have ALL of our friends over for Halloween. We had a good size group this year, but man, we are so lucky to have such great friends around here. Spencer has really good buddies and we have such great friends in their parents.
Spencer is really enjoying crafts and making books lately. I often find these little books all over the house. I love it!
He is loving school overall, but is starting to dread his homework. I knew it would come, but was enjoying the time when he would just hop in the house and happily grab his homework folder. I think his big hang up is that I am starting to crack down on him about using lowercase letters. He really prefers to write in all capital letters. Ah - the trials of a five year old. :)
Daniel is enjoying a nice afternoon snack here.
We have such awesome neighbors down the street, they are in our ward and also have two girls in Spencer's school. I walk the kids to school in the morning and she picks up in the afternoon. It has been so fantastic because Daniel can take his full nap and I don't have to stress about when he goes down or about waking him up to go pick up from school. Love it!
A few Saturdays ago, we took bikes up to Shoreline park near us and the boys rode the trails. Daniel rode in the stroller and listened to music "Song!!" he asks as soon as we get going. It was a great day for being outside and we all had a great time. When we met back up about an hour later, Spencer told me he and Gordon kept speeding up and passing each other yelling "eat my dust!" So, now that's his new phrase.
We had some friends over for dinner and games and set up the tent out back so the kids could watch a movie while we played games inside. :) They had a blast and we had the house to ourselves to play games. Win win!
We do a variation of a thankful tree each year and I always love seeing what Spencer comes up with. Daniel did some scribbles, but doesn't quite get it this year. We have many, many things to be grateful for and I love taking the time to remind Spence (and us) of that. It's easy to get caught up in what we want/need now.
Selfies with Nova on the way to see Hazel!
Lots of playing/giggling/jumping/chatting/eating was had by all. The kids did great and the moms had a blast catching up. I love how when we visit it's like no time has passed at all.
Good friendships last.
More selfies on the way home.
The big kids escaped to the bedroom to play with legos. A safe place away from the babies!
Spence ate some crackers with chop sticks ...
(he is such a goof)
And I got crafty and helped to plan a baby shower. It was ALL girl. SO fun!
I love these cuddly moments. They usually play well, but Daniel doesn't often relax and cuddle with Spencer. But, when he will, Spence just eats it up. He called me in to take this picture.
Just tonight, he came into the kitchen beaming! Daniel just leaned over and hugged me!!!!
Spence definitely knows how to push his buttons -- and for that reason, Daniel doesn't always trust him with his affection, but he definitely loves his big brother. And it's reciprocated. :)
Spencer made this "mask" for Gordon. I thought it looked super creepy and funny.
And ... the baby shower. Both of us who helped to plan the party have only boys and we went a little pink crazy. It was awesome. :)



























1 comment:
AH! I need to be a better blogger! Those selfies of Nova and Spencer are awesome!
Post a Comment