Wednesday, October 29, 2014

October 2014


October was (still is) fun.  We spent a lot of time together as a family, Spencer became an expert at preschool and Daniel is blossoming and starting to talk!  This picture of him has no particular relevancy, except that it captures his natural, cute smile.  Usually he gives us huge cheese grins.  :) 


Spence and I were climbing trees in the park and he would NOT smile.  I was trying to convince him to.  Stinker.  



It's cooling down now, but at the beginning of October we had some pretty warm popsicle days.  Daniel, obviously, enjoys a good popsicle.  


Spencer was awarded "Scientist of the Month" for his class in September.  We went to a little ceremony for him in his cafeteria.  This is me and Daniel while we were waiting for him to come out.  He kept running up to the class sitting in front of us and trying to sit with them.  :) 


Hmm, I guess there's some September fun in here also - this is from our church's children's program that they put on once a year.  Now that I'm working with the kids (ages 3-12) we work on a program that is put on in place of a regular worship service.  The kids bear their testimonies and teach the principles we have been reinforcing throughout the year.  This year's theme was "Families are Forever".  It was very sweet.  



I just realized that both of those pictures above were taken at Target, on separate days.  Daniel really loves to just sit on shelves when we go to the store.  He always wants me to sit next to him ... pretty funny.  


In September, I was able to participate in a 5K run/walk put on by our church.  I haven't done a race since before my vertigo started almost 4 years ago and it was AMAZING!  I ran slowly, and only about half of the race, but it felt great.  Gordon and Spencer were helping with an Eagle Scout project so I had this cute little dude to ride along in a stroller with me.  He did super great.  Just chilled out until about half a mile left then chomped on a banana the rest of the way.  


We wore our BYU shirts in honor of my niece, Maddy, who started there this Fall.  We sent her a photo, cheering her on during her first week.  She is ROCKING it and is coming to visit for Thanksgiving.  We are so excited!!





Lots of family fun, and our little monkey who we always find with his limbs out the side of his crib.  The bunk beds arrive Friday.  I hope he stays on his bed!!! 




Daddy was away at a scout campout, so the boys and I went to the yearly "Firestation breakfast" in the town next to ours.  They put on this huge fundraiser for the Firehouse and serve breakfast there, have activities for the kids and do raffles.  It's really neat, and Daniel looooves fire trucks right now, so it was even more special.  He starts going "Wee oooo weee ooo" every time he sees one.  




We went up to Livermore to visit Angie and her kids and had a total blast.  Somehow, this is the only picture I got the whole day.  Griffon hug-attacking Daniel.  I love watching them play together, but I can't believe how big they are now!!!  Didn't we just have these babies!?


Birthday party fun, with my "ham it up" Spencer.  

We are doing so great as a family.  I love watching Spencer help and play with Daniel.  We have two little blue chairs in our living room and Daniel will frequently grab them and set them next to each other and want Spencer to come and sit next to him.  Spencer gets SO excited when Daniel initiates play with him.  I'm really excited to watch as their relationship grows as Daniel can really run and rough house with Spencer.  They will LOVE it!

Just for my records, words Daniel can say (22 months)
ball (bah)
bike (bye)
Song
Bye
Mama
Dada
Spencer (beh-deh)
Please (pesssss)
All done (ah dah)
More
Water (wa wa)
No
Boo boo
Toot ( I know ...)
Sorry (Soh soh)
stroller (sro sro)
shoulders (sho sho) 

He is a fan of taking the first syllable of a word and doing that twice for the word.  But, he's getting it!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm so thrilled for you that you felt well enough to give the 5K a try! That's huge!
Good luck with the bunk beds! Just be tough with expectations the first few nights (training) and it'll probably be fine. That poor kid needs some space to stretch out! I remember when we got bunk beds for Jack and Hazel, Jack gave us a run for our money for the first little while, but it's short-lived and worth it, so don't stress about it if it's rocky for a while.
Love you!