Tuesday, May 07, 2013

"Staycation" and summer-ness

Yes, I realize that both words in the title are not really words.  It's just all I can think of tonight. 


Spencer has been showing some pretty awesome sleep positions lately.  This one was good, we also came in one night to him lying sideways with a pillow on his head.  
The other night I came in to check the boys (It still makes me smile to say "the boys") and Spencer was full-on laughing in his sleep.  It made me laugh.



Spencer still loves to take pictures of himself. 
Usually they are super flattering. :)


This was our first time pulling out the pool since Jen and Becky came - it got SO hot last week!  
I walked over to take this picture and he said, "Mom, this feels SO nice."


On another hot day, we met up at a splash park with our preschool buddy.  The kids had a blast! 
And then they got cold and were ready to roll.
We have such Californian weather wimpy kids. 
Well, we are too. :)


Two weekends ago, Gordon took Friday off and on Thursday night we checked in at a local hotel to stay for two nights of fun and relaxation. 
I know ... two kids in a hotel room ... relaxing? 
Actually ... yes! 
Daniel had his own little crib in there and we covered it with a huge blanket they provided so that it was all dark and he just snoozed away while we stayed up and snuggled to movies with Spencer.  It was a blast! We almost always had the pool to ourselves and we did a few fun excursions around town.  It was the perfect break.


This cute guy found Daddy's socks and thought they looked fabulous with his swim outfit. Lol.



The next morning we found an IHOP nearby for breakfast.  We all had super yummy food until ... 


Daddy's face met Spencer's fork.  They were playing around and Gordon was pretending to steal some of Spencer's pancakes and Spencer would grab it off Gordon's fork with his own fork and then one of those times, Gordon's fork full of pancake got up to his face and Spencer went for it without thinking. 
He felt so bad, and so did Daddy.  Luckily, it just looked like a huge pimple for a few days and then faded away.  



Friday morning we went to the nearby NASA research center to check out the kid's center.  It was ... ok.  We were hoping it would be fabulous (Spencer wants to be an astronaut when he grows up ... well, now he wants to be a doctor - but THIS weekend he was saying astronaut) and it was pretty good, but left a little to be desired. Spencer thought it was really neat and that's all that matters.  Plus he got some glow in the dark stars for his ceiling in the gift store - they are awesome!



This was a mock up of the International Space Station. 
Pretty cool.




Back at the hotel, Daddy and Daniel cuddled on the couch, then we went to the pool for some more cold swimming in the evening (Spencer is getting to be such a fish!) and cuddled to a movie before bed.


There weren't many breakfast options around, so Saturday morning we went back to IHOP for breakfast (per Spencer's request) and had another yummy meal.  This picture above is because Spencer was asking what these syrups were for - so I read him the labels.  
He thought "boysenberry" was "poisonberry".  HA!
"Don't try that one, Mom!!!"



Daniel tried his first dip in the pool on Saturday afternoon.  We had a tee ball game at 1 and had requested a late check out, so after the game (super hot!) we came back and loaded up the van and checked out - then we hit the pool again before going home.  
Daniel was TIRED by the time we were all ready for the pool so he just cried and cried there.  It was sad. 
We tried again last week with some friends at their pool and he was much much better.  Still not LOVING it, but he tolerated it.  I will win him over ... mwah ha ha. 



Daniel had his 4 month check up last week. 
Daddy was able to come in with us (I hate holding him for the shots!) and he did great.
His weight was still around 50% and his height was down from 70 to 60%. 
His head wasn't quite as huge as before (96%) and went down to 88% this time.  :) 

He has the whole "flat head" thing going on.  We're working on it, but our Dr. recommended we attend a class to help parents to re-shape their kids' heads.  There's nothing physically wrong with his head, it's just cosmetic - but he's a boy and won't have hair growing in to cover it up - so we're hoping we can get it to round back out.  If not, I guess he'll be sporting a helmet. 
Poor guy. 



Sometimes Daniel and I get in a walk by ourselves while Spencer is at preschool. 
It's nice to have some one on one time with him.  :)

I hardly ever talk about G and I because these boys are just so fun to show off!  But, we're doing well also.  Gordon only has TWO China trips this whole year planned (compared to 9 last year, rough) and we are sooo thrilled with that. 
My vertigo is continuing pretty steady so I have a follow up appointment with an ENT tomorrow morning.  I'm hoping there will be SOMETHING more we can try.  It's been over two years now and I would loove to kick this. 
Here's hoping. 
If not, I have handled it this long, I can do it some more. 
There are much tougher trials I could be asked to endure. I'm grateful this is mine.

Okay, back to the cuteness.




Oh, these two. 
Spencer LOOOVES LOOVES his little brother and anytime he gets the chance he loves to hold him, cuddle him and give him kisses on the cheek.  Usually they are very sweet, sometimes it's a little too much love, but it's always well intended.  Lately, Daniel has loved cuddling up on Spencer's chest like this and it just melts me to see them laying there together.  It's usually in the morning when Spencer is watching cartoons and Daniel just snuggles in and watches with him.  So sweet.




More brotherly love.  


Our little man got to play catcher again!  Love it!





That's it for now! 


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Enjoy the relaxing two kids in a hotel room bit. It does not last long.

Chrissy, have they done an adrenal test on you? My new dr just did one on me and said that vertigo is a symptom of low adrenals. I get it occasionally so I know where you are coming from.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, how is Daniel 4 months old already?? Wasn't he JUST born? Wow. He sure is a cutie, no question there!

I love the idea of taking a stay-cation. I should plan something like that for us. Such fun pictures... um except for the one where Gordon was stabbed by the fork. ouch! Those ones of Daniel on Spencer's chest are just heart-melting though!

Angie said...

Poisonberry, ha ha! I love that! I'm dying over those pictures of the boys snuggling together on the couch. How sweet! And you amaze me with your good attitude about your vertigo. i hope you receive good news from your doctor appointment that will help it go away or at least simmer down some more.

Todd and Meagan said...

Your boys are so cute. Love all the pictures! I can't believe the fork on Gordon's face. I guess we parents aren't joking when we say you can poke someone's eye out with that! Spencer looks like he is one funny kid. :) Daniel is so darn cute that he almost makes me want to have another baby. Glad you are enjoying your boys!