This month's preschool theme was "community helpers". We talked about mailmen, doctors and firefighters. Our fieldtrip was to the post office where we met a REAL mail man (the kids were so excited) and got a tour of the back of the post office where all of the mail is sorted into truck loads and into the PO boxes. It was actually really cool for the Moms as well. :)
Our REAL mailman friend. He was a real sport and was happy to pose with the kids for a photo.
Maybe the highlight of our trip was when Daniel exploded all over the post office floor.
Literally.
I bent down with Daniel in my arms to help Spencer with something when I felt something wet on my leg, then I heard a splat and his poop had come OUT of his shorts and onto the floor. I tried to get a picture of it, but he's blocking most of it. You can see a little splatter to the right of his arm.
Disgusting.
Luckily, the lady giving the tour was an older grandmother and was super sweet and helpful and went to grab me paper towels and a trash can.
Spencer has started taking showers instead of baths lately and he LOOOVES them. It's so cute to see his little body through the glass doors as he relaxes under the water. He loves to use the squeegey (sp?) in there to clean the shower doors. (Love that) And he sings and sings. It's great.
Our friends, Andy and Vicki, came out to support Spencer at his tee-ball game last week. He loved having them there. Gordon said whenever he was near him, he'd point up to the stands and point Andy and Vicki out.
Cute, smiley Daniel lounging with me in bed one morning after he woke up. He is sooo happy and sweet. We just love this guy.
This is on the church couch in the mother's lounge of our building. He was looking so cute smiling up at me in his little sweater vest but I just couldn't catch a picture of it!
Spencer loves reading to Daniel. He has started reading little beginner reading books from the library and feels so grown up that he can read them on his own.
They are so cute together.
I just thought this was awesome. He has his superhero mask, a luggage tag tied around his wrist and his grabber toy while he's watching a show.
He's such a boy.
How could I not include this one??
Man, I love that smile.
This month's theme in preschool is outer space and Suzanne had the kids make spaceships and space helmets. Spencer has been playing with it non-stop. He loves to pretend that he is my puppy and he accidentally launches himself into outer space. (Yeah, I have no idea ...)
Then, from outer space, he has buttons that control robots that come and help give me breakfast, get me dressed and do my chores for me. He's such a thoughtful puppy. :)
We have been doing a weekly swap with our little neighbor friend down the road. She is a few years younger, but they have been playing so great together! It gives me a morning to do errands or housework or play with Daniel and her mom gets to volunteer in her sisters' classrooms. Win, win!
Daniel is learning to grab things on his play mat and on this particular morning he even mastered the grab with the foot! Nice.
We have been doing a date night swap with some friends and these kids love playing together. They were snuggling up to watch Cinderella II.
The many faces of Daniel.
If the book weren't showing in the picture, you would think I was reading horror stories to them. With Daniel's clenched fists and Spencer's eyes.
This cracks me up!
We got some books with CDs from the library, and Spencer has been loving listening to them. While I was cooking dinner one night he read through tons of them!















2 comments:
How awesome that Spencer has started reading on his own! I am insanely jealous. I swear, Hazel wants me to read to her all day long. Which I love, because reading is all I wanted to do when I was a kid, and I'm excited that she's headed that way. But man, I'd have a ton more freedom to "get things done" if Hazel could read without me every now and then. I love that picture of Spencer reading to Daniel!!!
Why does life have to go on without me? I'm jealous of your post office field trip and your preschool themes and your date night swaps. Truly I am. Can't wait for girl's weekend!
Oh man! The poop incident! Do not miss those explosive blowouts! Sounds like you (and the mail lady) handled it like a champ! Oh, the joys of motherhood, huh? I think it's so fun that you take all the little preschool kids on field trips. I kind of want to join you, and I'm not in preschool! haha They sound really interesting!
Post a Comment