Saturday, January 05, 2013

First week home!


We have had a great first week home with "baby Daniel" as we all call him.  
Unfortunately, about 3 days into our first week, Spencer got a fever.  The fever was followed by a bad cough that just got worse and worse.  He had this same cough about 3 times last winter - he has an albuterol inhaler that seems to help a little but this is the worst bout he's had.  The first few days his eyes were all glazed over and red and he just wanted to watch movies and he would doze on the couch.  So sad to see our little guy like that. 

Since Daniel is so tiny still, Daddy has taken over Spencer care and I stay with Daniel - hoping to keep all the sick germs away.  The first morning after he was sick, I came out to find them both asleep on the couch like this.  So sweet.  



Baby Daniel prefers to sleep like this.  :) 
He doesn't like being laid down in his bassinet, but he loves sleeping all cozy like this in his vibrating chair.  It plays little lullabies and he likes those to fall asleep to.  He has been one SUPER baby.  He is getting up to eat about every 3-4 hours at night and eating really well and sleeping well.  We feel very blessed, and we are just LOVING him!!!




Even though he's sick, you still have to make time for some couch wrestling.  Right? 
He went to the doctor yesterday and got started on an antibiotic because they found an ear infection and what could turn into pink eye.  Poor guy is doing a great job with it all.  But I miss cuddling him!  I can't wait for him to be better so we can hang out closer than across the room.  



I knew having another baby would mean more laundry, but I forgot how MUCH more laundry these little babies create.  Although I have to admit, I still love folding all of those little tiny outfits.  And Spencer's clothes feel SO huge now!


Night - night.  :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Poor Spencer. I hope he gets better real soon and that the pink eye doesn't catch up to him. And, ug, the laundry! Can't wait...