With this new baby coming, I've been looking back at our blog occasionally to see pictures of teenie tiny Spencer and the preparations we made for him. I am so excited to do that again - we can't wait to meet Daniel!
But, as I've been looking through the old blog entries - I realized that we used to be a LOT funnier on here. It's gotten more and more toned down. One essential piece of our funny lives on the blog is the documentation of Gordon's sleep time talking. He is hilarious. If you've only recently met us - you should check out our blog archives before Spencer came long - there are some funny stories.
A few nights ago we had one of these such experiences and I actually wrote it down in my phone as it happened because I knew I'd forget what he said. One of Gordon's old college buddies, Steve, once recommended we record him at night - which I tried this time! But as soon as I pulled out my camera, he stopped talking!!! I'll have to keep trying, because he's hilarious.
Anyhow, what a build up! Here's the story ...
Spencer had been calling out for us and I was super tired. He wasn't feeling well that day and I figured he just needed his back rubbed or to be covered up (again) and I was beat. So, I tried waking up Gordon to see if he would get up so I could avoid totally waking up. First mistake.
I shook him several times, and each time he would wake up and I'd ask him to go check on Spencer. To which he'd reply "Oh. Sure." And then roll RIGHT back over. Ugh. I should have given up because at this point I was totally awake. But, I didn't.
I shook him again, this time harder. And asked him again. He said yes again and I said "you need to stand up! Can you please go check on him?"
To which he replied, "The variable is set in Bejiing. So no one is going anywhere! See? I can open my eyes!"
Then, he opened his eyes and looked at me and gave this huge, cheesey grin. Then, laid back down and fell back asleep.
Seriously? I knew it was funny, but at the time it was just super annoying because I knew I was getting up.
When I got back, I re-thought it and decided to record the conversation.
Of course, the next morning - he remembers nothing! Crazy.
Funny story #2
Has anyone else out there heard of "Movember"? Gordon came home from work one day about a week ago and said he was thinking of growing a mustache. Because he's a good man - and still wants to be kissed - he asked permission. I just laughed. Seriously? He can't grow facial hair - well, don't tell him that. He's very proud of his little mustache. ha!
He's been growing it for about a week now and the other day he was telling Spencer all about it. Then he said, "See? Look right here, I'm growing a mustache! See it?"
Spencer, very seriously replied, "no."
I cracked up.
The funny thing is - it's totally red! Who knew he had some red hair genes in him. Crazy. Today after church, while we were all sitting and eating Gordon said, "Can you believe NO one said anything about my mustache today!?"
Ha!
Luckily, he was kidding. He knows it's tiny, but still - he's proud of it.
So, if you see him, compliment the growth. Maybe it will hear you and fill out.
Onto the usual updates of our lives - our genius son.
Seriously, check it out.
Spencer is 3, turning four in a few months and drew all of these pictures all by himself. He also wrote all of the words. I did the "G" in ghost, but that's it! We were fighting all of these vicious characters one morning in our house and we had to label the rooms so that we knew who was hiding where. You have to have the correct defensive armor for each type of villan. Didn't you know that? Sheesh.
"Dragon, Monster, Dinosaur, Ghost"
Mike Wazowski.
From Monsters Inc.
We had the pleasure of watching sweet baby Caroline while her parents and brother took some friends up into the city a few weeks ago. It was SO fun! She is the kind of baby to watch while you're pregnant - SOOO happy and giggly and sleeps great and eats great. Makes me excited to have my own little cuddle bug.
This year for Halloween, we are a bug family. Spencer wanted to be a spider so we got him hooked up. He told me I should be a lady bug and Gordon will be an ant. More pictures to come from the real night next week - this was round one at our church party.
I was making scrambled eggs about a week ago and I had only cracked two eggs, looked down and there were three yolks. I usually don't feel bad about eating eggs, but come on .... twins?
Yuck.
I can't get my videos to load! But, here's a picture of Spencer during his Primary program. He was definitely the cutest, sweetest, LOUDEST kid there. We have a singer with gusto around here. Sweet kid.
Not like we're biased or anything ...
It was down to 57 the other morning!
We had to get our winter clothes out. haha.
But, really. We were cold.
We are such wusses.
31 weeks baby!!!
Spencer and I attended this little "lantern night" party hosted by a friend in the ward a few nights ago. It was awesome! They had stations for the kids to make their own lanterns and then we hung them and put lights inside and they led us on a walk around the neighborhood surrounding the park and they had stations for the kids to stop at and get little prizes. It was so cute to see all of these little kids bopping down the sidewalk with their lights in the dark. Spencer loved it!
Fun times at IKEA!










1 comment:
bahahaha, that sleep talking story is hilarious! i totally would be the same way and not find it very amusing in the moment, but I'm glad you wrote it down for all of us to enjoy. Josh has a pretty weakling, red moustache too.... I usually don't realize he's growing it until I kiss him and realize it's fuzzy, because I can't see it otherwise!
Love the costumes and the baby bump... looking forward to seeing the big bug family picture!
Post a Comment